The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, February 18, 2013

Curing the Mid-Winter Blahs: Two from Tarte

Tarte BB Cream
$34
Tarte Lash Primer
$22


I must profess some love for Tarte's products.  Infused with natural ingredients and made without synthetics and chemicals, everything I have tried of late, I have loved.

Today I had a mean case of the mid-winter uglies blahs. 

I have decided that I can't live without replacing the sample I received of Tarte's Lash Primer.  It is simply the best lash primer I have ever used, acting like a first coat of mascara and covering every bit of my lashes from root to tip. One coat of mascara later and my lashes are lush, long and lustrous. 

In addition, after doing a bit more research, I now know it contains ingredients that actually help to plump and lengthen natural lashes.  Here is their description:

Product Performance: This primer combines natural plant waxes and film formers to extend and increase the appearance of lash volume, while our clinically-proven HydroPlant™ peptide, a soy-amino super protein, helps improve the appearance of lash length and growth. To achieve maximum volume, use as a part of the multiplEYE™ 3-step regimen for naturally enhanced lashes without the prescription or the harmful side effects. 
Powered By: HydroPlant™ peptide: a naturally derived, proprietary blend proven to increase lash volume while increasing health and appearance of length

As far as I am concerned, Tarte's Lash Primer is a total no-brainer.
While I was there, it was the perfect time to think about what was ailing me...Not a day goes by when someone doesn't ask me, "what's your favorite BB cream?"
The truth is I have tried several, and nothing yet is, "the one". Part of the challenge is the consistency.  I'm fairly certain it's the SPF that turns gives them a thick, clay like texture. The other part is the tone and color.  BB Creams are limited in their shade range and finding a true match for yours can be difficult.
I thought I had hit pay-dirt with my Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm, but as it turns out, Beach Glow as far too much yellow in it for me.
Tarte just launched their BB Cream, (yes, I called this one. Back when Garnier was the only entry, I predicted these clever multi-taskers would take the beauty world by storm--and they have.)
The chemical free formula is created for 12 hours of long wear, with SPF 30.  This BB Cream is described as providing a primer, moisturizer, anti-aging ingredients, light foundation and protection.  
The finish is created to make the skin look flawless and poreless.  Naturally, I had to try it immediately.
The texture is extremely light weight and silky and requires quick hands. The medium shade, one of four, matches my skin tone to perfection.
I instantly felt prettier and perkier...on my way to recovery.  
Tune in tomorrow for my other fix "her" uppers...
xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...