The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, August 13, 2010

Enlighten Me



O.k. Girls, I can use your help!  I realized this morning that there must ONE mascara out there, that is accomplishing what the THREE I am currently using do!  Bear in mind, that mascara is one of those places that I like to cheat, if at all possible, so if you got yours at Target or CVS , you have my rapt attention.
Here's why I am using three mascaras:  I love slapping on the white primer of one half of Maybelline's XXL Pro Mascara.  It visibly lengthens and thickens every lash, and if you apply mascara before it dries, the results are pretty magical.  Unfortunately; this requires doing it in four stages, upper, lower, upper, lower and I don't care for the other half of the actual mascara that comes with this wand.  My Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara has now died, so at my sister's urging, I picked up Revlon's Grow Luscious.  
It's hard to dispute the potential benefit of a mascara that also helps grow and strengthen your existing lashes, but even after trying it with the aforementioned primer technique, they were anemic at best.  My last step is Loreal's Telescopic Mascara.  I genuinely love the benefits of using this mascara, (with the round ball tip in place of a traditional wand).  It literally finds every lash and lengthens the lash tips to, well, telescopic lengths. Using it from the beginning on bare lashes, however, just doesn't pack the same punch.


So...whaddya say???  I would love a report on Maybelline's Volume Express, "The Falsies", stat, but I am open to any and all suggestions.  Whats your favorite ONE?  The light bulb just went off... I'm just now figuring out that the price of my three cheats is probably more money than any single mascara!!!  Bring 'em on!!!


xox,
DD

11 comments:

  1. Dior Phenomen'eyes does all that PLUS curves. I wish it was waterproof (I don't know if the waterproof version of this mascara is as good as the traditional one). Anyways, I heard Clarins' Double Fix makes any mascara waterproof, in case you need it to be waterproof. If not, you should try this Dior! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thannk you Renata!
    I was disappointed in Dior Show (?) or whatever the last launch was. I thought it was over rated. Do you prefer this?

    I thought I would be FLOODED with recommendations! Does everyone else hate their mascara too????

    C'mon girls...at this point I will settle for "Likes a lot"!

    xox
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, let me tell you this: I change mascara (and foundations, and blushes and lipsticks......) all the time. My mother sees me everyday. She never (ever!) notices anything, except when I changed to this mascara. :O

    I haven't tried this last one, but my friend did, and she has both. She said the new one is nothing like Phenomen'eyes. :)

    She's not avaliable till september, I'll ask her to tell more when she gets here if you like. :)

    I thought the same as you about the recommendations, but I guess this is because most mascaras are not that different from one another. I mean, so few are really WOW...

    :-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good from here Renata! Are you saying this hasn't launched stateside yet? Now of course I want to try it in the next 5 minutes!

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Lancome- Defencils - I've been using it for a couple of weeks , It separates and defines and no smudging (my pet peeve!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in LOVE with Mally in black from QVC. It's the best mascara I've EVER used. With a curler it makes me look like I have false lashes! Seriously great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing Girls!

    Anon: Is this the updated Definicils with some type of "cell" technology that Julia is the face for? I'm sure I have used and liked Definicils before.

    Rachel: I'm going to check and see if Mally has a website (yes, I would imagine). Does she only make one type of black mascara???

    xox,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbi, I meant my friend is not here, so I can't ask her how Phenomen'eyes compares to the new one from Givenchy.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not a huge line but the one I use is Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara in black. I love it so much I asked for the two tube set for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Renata and Rachel!

    Rachel, I did check it out and it is also available on Beauty.com as well as Mally's website.

    My sis and I have found two great new cheapies! Check out my latest Blog, False Advertising. Would LOVE to know how Mally stacks up against either of these two...It's a leap from $7.99 to $20 and this is where I usually try and cheat!

    xox
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know this is pretty late coming, but if you ever get the chance, I strongly suggest you try Avon's supershock mascara. I wear two coats without a primer (sometimes three if I'm feeling particularly daring) and I regularly have people ask me if my lashes are real!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...