The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: LOreal's Visible Lift Foundation



Aside from the usual air brushing, IMO, Andie MacDowell is a perfect example of aging beautifully.

Andi has been one of the faces for L'Oreal in print and T.V. ads since 1986.  An impressive track record for both Andie and L'Oreal.
L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation
$12.50

I was mistaken in thinking that Visible Lift Foundation was a new entry. I probably paid it little mind in the past
because 'lifting and firming' were not
part of my beauty vocabulary.  It is however, "new and improved".  I am loving the concept of makeup doing double duty...we are wearing it all day, so if they can squeak in some anti-aging benefits, so much the better.  Visible Lift is now infused with a serum that contains Pro-Retinol A and Vitamin C.

Here's what L'Oreal promises Visible Lift can achieve in 4 weeks:

New Visible Lift® Serum Absolute Makeup instantly evens skin tone with a luxuriously lightweight formula that doesn’t settle into lines and wrinkles. In four weeks, the potent formula addresses 5 signs of aging to visibly transform skin to smoother, firmer, brighter, even, flawless.

5 Proven Results:
  • 45% more even skin tone                                        
  • 72% saw more youthful skin
  • 75% reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
  • 79% saw fewer imperfections
  • 90% saw smoother skin

Finish: Luminous SPF 17 Medium Coverage All Skin Types 12 Shades

I'm still not sure I am going to make it...

I found it to dry as fast as Crazy Klue, so if you are applying it, you better work quickly.  I also bought it in the true shade that matches my neck and skin tone.

The first day I used it, I didn't wear tinted moisturizer or bronzing powder. I asked my colleagues how they thought I looked.  "Are you ill?",  "You look tired" and "Way too pale" were the answers...

So much for listening to the pundits, who swear you should never wear a darker foundation than your natural skin tone.

In the last few days, I have been happier.  I mixed Visible Lift in my palm with my Too Faced Beauty Balm and a dot of Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer.  The additional moisture from those products made it easier to apply and made the shade richer and darker. It now appeared flawless and less matte.

With these tweaks, I will probably hang in there.  I think it's interesting that the product is called "Visible Lift" but none of the 5 Proven Results included "firming".

Just sayin...

xox
DD


































Introducing a breakthrough in age minimizing makeup. Only Visible Lift® Serum Absolute features an age reversing serum of 5 ingredients in 1 luminous makeup. New Visible Lift® Serum Absolute Makeup instantly evens skin tone with a luxuriously lightweight formula that doesn’t settle into lines and wrinkles. In four weeks, the potent formula addresses 5 signs of aging to visibly transform skin to smoother, firmer, brighter, even, flawless.

5 Proven Results:
  • 45% more even skin tone
  • 72% saw more youthful skin
  • 75% reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
  • 79% saw fewer imperfections
  • 90% saw smoother skin

Lift your standards of what an anti-aging makeup can do.

Finish: Luminous
SPF: 17
Coverage: Medium 
Skin Type: All skin types

Available in 12 shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...