The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review: Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Kohl

Physician's Formula Kohl Eyeliner Trio
$12.99
I was doing a CVS run the other day, when I spotted these Kohl liners from Physician's Formula.  I instantly tripped down Memory Lane and remembered the little triangle of Madeline Mono Kohl that we were crazy about using when I  was growing up.

The fact that Madeline Mono lived in our hometown, only added to the lust and luster of having to have them.  They were available at Gilliar's Drugstore, a temple of beauty in the middle of town, with rich mahogany floors and cabinets, that I regularly worshipped at.

When I spotted these trio of kohl liners, conveniently created to enhance your eyes by color, I didn't think twice before purchasing them--once I saw that they are m waterproof.  Traditional kohl is very soft and was usually used to line the water line (inner rims), since they have a real propensity to flake and smudge.

I wanted to love them... truly I did.

I forgot that kohl doesn't require sharpening, which is a plus, but I'm not completely certain about how they maintain their point. The Trio for Brown Eyes comes in 3 shades I use all the time, a rich hued amethyst, brown and black.

I liked how it applied, with a slightly thicker line that easily winged into a nice cat eye. To give it a little more oomph, I dotted the Too Faced Three Way Lash Lining Tool, I recently purchased at Sephora over it.

So where did it all go 3 hours later?  I don't really know...It didn't smudge, it just kind of disappeared.  Granted, I could retouch it, but I my preference is, "one and done", until it's time to take it off.

Out of curiosity, I looked up how it fared on Makeup Alley, a website devoted to reviewing makeup by devoted reviewers.  Physician's Formula's Shimmer Strips received a paltry 1.2 out of 5 "lipsticks"

The complaints all echoed mine, we all would have passed on purchasing it, if not for the "waterproof" claim.  Some people complained that they broke, but mostly it was the Houdini act that disappointed.

I always save my CVS receipts and never hesitate to take them up on their offer to cheerfully accept cosmetic returns. I'm going to give the black liner a whirl, and maybe combine them like they suggested. Maybe it's the nostalgia I'm hanging onto as well...

Memory Lane is a nice place to visit...

xox,
DD




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...