The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Review of Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel- Get Glowing!

Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel ($85)

I have posted about Dr. Dennis Gross' 2 Step Alpha Beta Peel before.  My glowing review matched my glowing results!  I have long been a fan of glycolic pads and these are my faves. They are a bit pricey, so keep reading to see how I am going to make this a more budget friendly win-win.

Given that, there really is no excuses not to add this quick and easy step to your skin care routine.  I'm an instant gratification junkie, and you will see an improvement to the tone and texture of your skin almost with the first use. When I saw at Sephora they now came in an Extra Strength version, I pounced, (though if you are a newbie, I recommend starting out with the original strength).

They couldn't be easier to use; after cleansing, simply wipe Step One on your face in a circular motion. Let it dry for 2 minutes, (I brush and floss in between) and then neutralize it with the soothing pads from the Step 2 container. Follow with your usual night and eye cream ritual, (I continue to be in love with La Peau and recommend it, heart and soul).

Here's a little more information, which I abridged from SkinCare RX's website:
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Extra Strength Alpha Beta Face Peel is a stronger version of the popular original, using a higher concentration of Alpha and Beta Acids as well as new anti-aging ingredients. In clinical research the pads have increased firmness by 92%, minimized pores by 88%, reduces spots by 82%, increased makeup wear by 96%, and increased hydration by 86%.

Nice numbers!  The only number I don't care so much for is the $85 price for 30 days of treatment.  This is how I plan to stretch them out:
  1. I am not going to be using them nightly
  2. They are packaged with a generous amount of the active ingredients, thus the pads are very moist.  I keep a zip lock handy, and recycle each pad from Step One and Two for another use.
All and all, I think they are an integral part to maintaining firm, youthful looking skin, so I'm willing to splurge, but I will cheat a bit too.

What are you waiting for?!  Get glowing...

xox,
DD

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...