The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, January 6, 2012

Maybelline's New SuperStay 14 Hour Lipstick


I am always on the prowl for a long lasting lipstick that doesn't make me feel like I just applied sandpaper. Most of the long wearing lipsticks, including Maybelline's SuperStay 24 Hour Lipstick, require revival with the clear balm attached to it.  Don't get any funny ideas about applying your own lip gloss over these products...they must be chemically created to molt the instant you do.

I was on a CVS/Pharmacy run the other day---Quelle horreur!!!  They are either out of, or no longer carrying L'Oreal's Elnett, just as I have finally discovered I can't live without it.  Despite my disappointment, I naturally found a half a dozen other items that needed replenishment anyway. (I'm in there so often, I'm surprised they don't offer to hang my coat and provide a glass of Perrier , whilst I shop).

On my way out, I spied a display I somehow missed, Maybelline's new SuperStay 14 Hr. Lipstick ($8.99).  Naturally, I stopped dead in my tracks.  This was a normal bullet shaped lipstick sans dreaded clear balm applicator.  The color choices were limited and I suspected that my selection, "Pout on Pink" was going to be a hair more coral than I prefer.  Of course I got back on line and purchased it anyway.

As soon as I got home, I used my Bliss Fabulips Cleanser to remove any trace of lipstick so I could get a true read on the color.  I almost wished I hadn't!  It certainly packs a potent pop of pigment  (say that 10x fast)!  It did however glide on and I let it set for a minute or two.  Just as I suspected, Pout on Pink is more corally than my tastes, so I looked for a pink hued lip gloss to tone it down and hoped that it was not also chemically predisposed to reject lip gloss.

No worries,  Bobbi Brown's Pink Sequin High Shimmer Lip Gloss did the trick nicely:

Maybelline's  14 Hour Super Stay Lipstick Pout on Pink with Bobbi Brown's Pink Sequin Lip Gloss

Now for the 14 hour part.  I think it's all a bit relative to eating and drinking.  Hunkering down at the movies with large bag of popcorn?  You may need a touch up when you emerge from the theatre...Bellying up to the bar???  Same.

I think it is best served as a good start to the day...at no point will your lips be completely naked, no matter what you do, until you take it off.  That's good enough for me, until they come out with a temporary lip tattoo. I am however, looking forward to a wider selection of shades.

I have the feeling this is going to be a love/hate thing, even though I'm firmly in the like camp right now.
If you try it, let me know!

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...