The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Simply Smashing: Smashbox Holiday Eye Liners

It was a krazy weekend on the East Coast.  Snow before Halloween???  Definitely more trick than treat.  This was the scene outside my kitchen window yesterday. I am soooo not ready

Last week I went into  N.Y.C. to see Smashbox's Holiday Collection.  At the time, I was feeling like "I am soooo not ready",  but as soon as I entered the Penthouse Davis Factor and his team set up to introduce it, I melted.  Davis, the Creative Director, is so passionate and excited about both product and  image, his energy lit up the room.  In case you are unfamiliar with his storied pedigree and the history of Smashbox, here's what Wiki has to say about them:

"Davis Factor and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency, production company, clothing line, and, in 1996, a cosmetics line called Smashbox Cosmetics. The cosmetic line was sold to Estée Lauder in 2010".
Davis and Dean Factor

Davis told the Blogger's assembled how amazing it is to have been acquired by Lauder.  It has been a year of challenges and growth and he is pleased that there is so much respect for their core aesthetic, Studio Makeup and their on going love for Hollywood and the Red Carpet.  Sounds like a happy marriage... Congrats!

Davis' inspiration for Holiday was photos, a time of year when dozens get taken to commemorate parties, celebrations and family get togethers, hence, "Snappy Holidays".  Smashbox has put together 5 value packed mini gift sets, perfect to for gift giving and if you shop like me, for getting.



This morning, I figured if it can snow in October, why wait another second to dive into my Holiday gift set  of gorgeous Eye Liners boxed together in Life Is Your Set? I don't usually opt for colored liners and I waffled between trying sapphire or emerald.  I opted for the emerald and I LOVED the happy pop of color it gave my eyes. Now I can't wait to try them all!



Snow aside, I'm a long way off from saying Happy Holidays, but it's never to early to shop...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...