The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, March 23, 2014

DivaDebbi Turns 6!

DivaDebbi Turns 6!



It occurred to me that I just had an Anniversary---DivaDebbi turned 6 years old this month.  I thought it would be fun to re-read my very first blog.  The sentiment of why I created it still rings true to my ears. During this time, some wonderful things have happened:
  • My blog has had close to 1,000,000 page views from seven continents 
  • DivaDebbi is published by two giant media companies Glam Media and TotalBeauty
  • I have reviewed hundreds of skincare and makeup products and have developed great working relationships with many beauty and PR firms.
  • I've and written dozens of DivaDebbi Red Carpet Report Cards, critiquing my flips and flops with a dash of snark as well as covering Fashion Week and reviewing shows
  • I became a contributing fashion editor for WAG Magazine and Women's Voices for Change.
  • I was asked to be a Brand Ambassador for La Peau Skincare and RoC Skincare, who I represent proudly.
  •  I was invited to join Fashion Flash, a group of top bloggers who post together weekly to help share our combined monthly page views by 700,000 readers.
  • Since joining Polyvore 18 months ago, I have the opportunity to share my fantasy closet with my blog readers and have posted hundreds of fashion sets. I have nearly 11,000 followers and my sets have been viewed over 4 million times. I hope you enjoy them.
  • Nearly every day, I share my blog with over 1000 blog subscribers and FaceBook and Twitter users
I'm so appreciative of all your support, friendship, comments, emails and for sharing me with your family and friends. For those who would like to read it, my very first blog is below.

As I said then, I will say again now.  If you will read, I will write.

Happily...

xox,
DD

March 9, 2008

Just Getting Started....

O.K., I have no idea what I am doing yet, not even sure how I will find my own blog again, but gotta give this a whirl...I have been consistently obsessed with all things beauty and fashion related for the last 30 years or so. Happily I have dear friends who can attest to it and fabulous new friends and clients over the years who have all been on the receiving end of my blast emails about my latest discovery that must be purchased pronto. If you will read, I will write...

My first wrinkle creme was Dorothy Grey Night Creme. It came in a lavender jar and I purchased it at age 12. I think even then, it was marketed towards mature skin, but in the spirit of sooner than later, I slathered.

I googled Dorothy Grey and would you believe there are still some 5000 products out there??? I imagine they all have an inch or two of dust on them...scary.

I soon graduated onto pilfering my sister's Clinique 3 Step System nightly (which she will learn about first right here)....ooohhh that fabulous cucumber colored sliding soap dish....As I contemplated taking this on, I mentally went way back and remembered many of my early obsessions...

Yardley Lipsticks, in those adorable orange and pink striped tubes with black scrolls ( I actually found one on ebay)!, Love's Baby Soft and Fresh Lemon Perfumes, Misty Mocha and Misty Lilac Revlon nail polish, Karen Graham of Estee Lauder ad fame, Psssst dry shampoo, Sun In Highlighting spray, Calgon take me away....

So, if any of this rings a bell, I am the girl who thankfully gave up suntanning with Reynolds wrapped double album covers long before I hit my 20's and has learned a thing or two along the way.  I will share all that I try and scour reading, with you, my readers.

My business is fashion, so if you think I will resist writing about Stars on the Red Carpet, I couldn't possibly, not. I am nearly in hives waiting in anticipation of Stars who blow it, despite having the best designer offerings and stylists at their disposal...think Tilda Swinton accepting this year's Academy Award in a Hefty trash bag....

So, I hope you will check in and if you like my blog, share it, put me in your favorites (I would, if I knew how)...

Dish with the Diva anytime....what were some of your earliest, fondest beauty memories and products???

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work these past 6 years Debbi. Very proud of you, and of course I knew you were sneaking my Clinique!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!
    Thanks Sis...You are the best Sis a Girl could have!!!

    xoxo
    Baby Sis

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...