The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer

Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer
$30 Sephora

I am such Korres fan and their original anti-aging primer was one of my all time faves.  I thought it was perfect and never new why they reformulated it.

I do believe that primers make a difference. They moisturize a bit, blur imperfections, set a nice canvas for foundation and usually helps makeup stay put longer.

Many primers are silicone based, which have an odd slippery yet dry feel, that I don't care for. I was thrilled to hear that my friends at Tractenberg PR are now representing Korres, since I will now have the opportunity to sample their products and launches.

Their new Greek Yoghurt Primer is not even on their US website yet, but it is available at Sephora.  Here's the thing---I love the cool, gel like texture, the fact that it is silicone free, the way my Dior foundation glides on after applying it and how perfectly fresh my face looked after 15 hours of wear on Wednesday.

What I don't love is the sour, well, yoghurt smell, that doesn't dissipate all that quickly.  My blogging buddy, Isabella who writes Musings of a Muse also reviewed Korres Greek Yoghurt Primer and didn't say a word about the smell, if it smelled like mine,  Iz would have told us.

I then ready through most of the 29  reviews on Sephora's website which were mostly raves.  Only  two people mentioned being offended by the smell.

I can't help thinking that it might have just been an 'off' tube.  I promise to go to Sephora and do a scratch and sniff of their stock.  I may even ask to sample it and of course I will update you with my findings.

Here's hoping. For women who prefer a natural primer, it may just become your Holy Grail...

P.S. I was sent a second tube and yes, to me it does smell sour. That said, it is an excellent primer, so some days I still use it, but the scent is definitely my least favorite thing about it.

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...