The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, March 14, 2014

Dior Forever Flawless Foundation

Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup
$49

Dior Forever Flawless Foundation Perfection Wear Makeup, is and does.

I've never really been much of a foundation wearer...a point of pride?  Perhaps.
If I have good skin, why do I need foundation to cover it up?  I have ridden the long wave of tinted moisturizers, followed by the BB craze, using dozens of the two over the years.

When Sephora in Greenwich recently added Armani cosmetics to their mix, I decided to test all three of their much loved foundations. Despite my own eye and some expert recommendations, none of their shades matched my skin. I wanted to love one of them, and always appreciate their generous sampling, which has saved me from making costly mistakes. Still I knew I could do better...where was my second skin?

The search continued.

Alas, I found it from Dior, with their much lauded. Eyes wide open, I sampled and ended up purchasing Dior Forever Flawless Foundation, my first foundation that I would consider medium to full coverage. In my head, I've always associated them with lavender hued, permed haired, heavily rouged octogenarians.  But here's the thing...my skin looks completely natural and totally flawless. Is that really such a bad thing???

I think not...

O40, which matches my self tanned skin perfectly, is described as a "light mocha" for medium complexions with neutral undertones.  Bingo! Me to a tee. Because there is a hint of mocha in it, it also alleviates the need for me to use any sort of bronzer.

It wears gorgeously for hours without retouching and though it contains SPF 25, has a lovely, lightweight formula that blends easily.  I like to apply one or two pumps in my palm with a spritz of rosewater and then apply it quickly with a foundation brush. With 12 shades to choose from, one will hopefully be just right for you.

I don't know if this a fanciful phase or if alas I have grown up and have graduated to the big leagues, but for now, I'm sticking with flawless...care to join me?

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...