The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Vichy Liftactiv Serum: Luscious Lashes Can Be Yours



$36

I used to have a really great memory for details of all kinds.  Nowadays something really has to resonate with me, like what I ate for breakfast for example, things just seem to fly out of my head.  A few months ago I remembered reading a tweet by my friend Jane Daly who writes the beauty blog The Daly Beauty.

Jane has a particular love of fragrance, old and new, but also covers her fair share of beauty products.  What stood out for me, was her tweet that after using Vichy Liftactiv Serum 10 for Eyes & Lashes her lashes were so lush she had stopped wearing mascara.
Come again??? Yes. That's right.  I tucked this choice tidbit away and never forgot it.

I happened to be in CVS last week, with a 20% off coupon already locked and loaded on to my Beauty Rewards card.  Vichy and La Roche Posay are two of the premium brands that CVS carries. Vichy was running a special as well; $10 off a $30 purchase.

The perfect storm.  I hadn't paid attention to the price, which for CVS and a tiny bottle, packs a fairly hefty price, but I did remember Jane and her lashes, so into my red basket it went.

After just one week of using Liftactive Serum twice a day, I could see my own lashes looking extra long and lush too

Monday I was in Sephora, and Carlos, one of their charming associates, stopped me to inquire about my lash routine.  I told him I have had some great results with Grande Lash MD over the last few months, but the icing was the results I was getting with Vichy Liftactive Serum.



Lashes without mascara using Vichy for one week




Lashes with mascara


Peak results are supposed to kick in after a month, but if  I can see a difference in just a week, I can't wait to see what another three will bring. This of course is not just a product for lashes,  It is also meant to brighten the eye area, reduce wrinkles and firm the skin around the eye. I'll take that on the plus side.

The key ingredient is, "Rhamnose", (though I have not clue one what that is), Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides and Illuminators. It is a highly concentrated product, so just one drop cover both eyes. It is both suitable for sensitive skin and Opthamologist tested.

Since I was one of the 1% minority who had red irritated eyes a good deal of the time when I use Grande Lash MD, I'm hoping to ween to just once or twice a week and fortify my lashes with  Liftactive Serum instead.

Anyway, here's to Jane and remembering all the important things, lush lashes being chief among them...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...