The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The BB Wars: Review Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Skin Perfector

Maybelline's BB Dream Cream 
1 oz. $10.99

I predicted awhile back, that "BB"'s aka Beauty Balms, that originated in Europe, would start sweeping the U.S. market at both the prestige and mass level.

I wasn't wrong.

These multi-tasking creams are a hybrid between foundation and tinted moisturizer.  In addition, they contain various amounts of SPF, and all promise to give coverage, protection, hydration and blur imperfections.

I'm on my third tube of  Garnier's Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector, mainly because I discovered that I love how it adds color and blurs the imperfections on my legs, rather nicely.

I was on a CVS run the other day, and couldn't help but notice that both Maybelline   and L'Oreal had both entered the BB fray.  I eenie meenie miney mowed and ended up with Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB 8-1 Skin Perfector.

Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB, is available in 6 shades from light to deep, compared to Garnier's, which comes in just two. I debated going for the Deep Tint, before chickening out and going for the Medium Deep, (I'm still pondering a switch.)  For $1 less, I was also getting less than half of the product that Garnier offers, but twice the SPF (30).

My concern, was that the increased Titanium Dioxide in the Maybelline, would leave a whitish grey chalky residue.  Surprisingly, it was exactly the opposite...Maybelline's Medium/Deep is actually a much rich caramel shade, which is more to my liking.

The BB Wars:
Maybelline's Dream Fresh Medium Deep at left
Garnier's Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector at right


It definitely has less coverage, (I know this because after I applied it to my face, I went straight for my legs), but for me, the color is much more natural.  This may have been a really good thing as well...this weekends humidity was insufferable yet my skin looked and felt fresh and required no retouching.

My verdict???  Maybelline' Dream Fresh BB for my face and Garnier's Skin Renew for my legs.

For now...

You just know I'll be back for the L'Oreal BB, don't you???

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...