The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, September 30, 2013

NYX Cosmetics: Who Knew???

Toni Ko
Founder and Chief Creative Director
NYX Cosmetics
Hooray!

It's Oct. 1st in less than 2 hours and I have officially made it through another September, my busiest month of the year.

I know you have not seen as many beauty posts from me and I appreciate your patience. Hopefully, you have enjoyed my Polyvore fashion sets, in the interim...the only thing I have had on my brain is my clients and their clothes.

When I was at Ulta a few weeks ago, purchasing what is now my Holy Grail cleanser from Hada Labo, I happened upon a cosmetics line called NYX.

Remarkably, I had never heard of it and it turns out, it is the fastest growing cosmetic company in the U.S.  It is also sold in 40 different countries at more than 10,000 retailers.

What caught my eye was the depth of the product offerings, the attractive packaging and sophisticated colors.  What was really surprising, however, was the price point.

Would it be unkind to say it's cheap???
NYX was founded in 1999 by Toni Ko.  Her dream was to create pretty much what I just described, high quality, well pigmented colors at incredibly attractive price points.

The item that caught my eye was a makeup setting spray called Dewey Finish (which also has a companion called Matte Finish). Dewey, had my name on it. The purpose of a setting spray is to keep makeup fresh long lasting without color fading.

I've never had success with one before--until now..

Simply shake and spritz.  My makeup immediately looked more radiant and it seems to just look better as the day wore on.

Kind of a miracle--donchathink???

There is an app and website that I like to check for cosmetics reviews called Makeup Alley.  Participants, are people just like you and me, who like to leave reviews about the products they use. 

What interested me most, was how many of the glowing reviews were written by people who were high end cosmetic purchasers; over and over I read about women who normally use Guerlain, Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown and others, who discovered NYX and were equally pleased at a fraction of the price.

I have since gone back and purchased a few other NYX products which I will share during the month.  So far the only clunker was their pencil lip liner.  I found it waxy and slippery, so it therefore imparted very little pigment, otherwise, I'm impressed.

Those with oily skins or those who live in humid climates, should love the Matte Finish Spray, which was also excellently reviewed.

Did you know about NYX?  If so, good for you! Now we all do...

xox,
DD
NYX Makeup Setting Sprays
$8 at Ulta Stores











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...