The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, July 12, 2013

Poppy King: The Lipstick Queen

Poppy King Creator and Founder of Lipstick Queen

I love learning about new products and somehow, Lipstick Queen was not on my radar.  Created by a then 18 year old Poppy King, frustrated by her inability to find the perfect shade of her preferred red,  Poppy started her own company in Melbourne Australia.

20 years later, there are still gorgeous reds, but when I received a press release about her new on trend Summer Pinks from her Chinatown Collection, I asked to sample Pink Bluff a gorgeous rosy nude.


Chinatown Collection
0.25oz / 7g
US $20.00

Here is how it is described:

The original chubby lip pencil that inspired a thousand imitations, Chinatown is the pioneer of gloss-on-the-go, combining effortless application, a deliciously moisturising texture and sheer shades in vibrant brights. .

The box design and shade names were inspired by Roman Polanski's Chinatown film. Each pencil comes with a jumbo-sized sharpener. (Hugely appreciated!!!  I recently lost half of a beloved Smashbox eye pencil because it fit NONE of my sharpeners and my waste basket cannot reimburse me for my trouble.)

  • Silky smooth formulation with just the right amount of color
  • Ultimate moisturization contains hydrating and soothing ingredients to revitalize lips and enhance moisture levels
  • Easy to use - the pencil glides on so sheer and easy!
  • Bright pops of color in super sheer. You can wear shades in this formula that you would never be able to wear in a full-coverage lip color

AVAILABLE SHADES

Cameo - L30065Catalina - L30066Chase - L30060Crime - L30061Genre - L30064Mystery - L30062Pink Bluff - L30067Thriller - L30063

Pink Bluff is a hair light for me, but I adore the texture and love the fact that I can use it as a lip liner, lipstick and gloss. Poppy makes liners too, and I may try one in the future, but in the meanwhile, I will line and blend my lips with MAC's Soar and use my Pink Bluff over it.

I am so happy I can now call myself a Poppy Devotee.  Lipstick Queen is available via their own website and at Nordstrom.

She has earned her crown...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...