The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lash Excess

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lash Excess
$9.95
Have I finally gotten lucky???  I returned the Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara I purchased at CVS...It's their policy to cheerfully accept returns with receipts and I hold them to it.

Still, I was drawn to the cosmetics aisle, always hoping to find that "cheap and cheerful" mascara that will add volume, length, wont clump, doesn't flake, washes off easily and doesn't have a brush sized like a turkey drumstick.

Oh, and did I mention cheap???

Tall order I know, but I keep trying...


I was happily surprised with the results I achieved with the L'Oreal's Million Lash Excess from their "Voluminous" series.  I noticed a familiarly  strong smell when I opened the tube...what is that?, but ventured on. Though the Physician's Formula mascara lacked oomph for me, at least it lacked petrochemicals.

I like Million Lash Excess' flexible brush, which easily combed through my lashes base to tip. Interestingly, I found I had to watch my bottom application because they looked nearly as long as the tops.  The second time I used it, I kind of blotted it on the bottoms.  Kewpie Doll is not what I aspire to.

My lashes looked full and pretty with just one coat, even better with two.  Despite the humidity in the Hampton's, it stayed put and then washed off without a struggle.

I was curious what one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Musings of a Muse  thought of Million Lash Excess and asked her what her drugstore mascara fave is.

Muse thought Voluminous Million Lash Excess was just OK and recommended her preference L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara instead. (The gimmick is it creates "smokey" lashes.  Muse swears they are not dry and brittle.)

Naturally, I'm curious, but I think I will wait till I get to the bottom of this tube before purchasing it.   It sounds a bit "nichey" to me and I hope it doesn't become extinct before I get to try it.

On the cheap and cheerful scale, I would give Million Lash Excess an "8". Is there a 10 my future???  Hopefully.

And you will be the next to know...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...