The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Review: Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee
$22

What a gorgeous product this is!  I have been searching for the perfect blush um, forever.  It's quite possible I have actually found it.

Powders can look dry and cakey, stains can be streaky and difficult to apply, creams disappear.  What's a Girl to do?

I was in Sephora a few weeks ago when these new Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee blush pots caught my eye.  Coconut water is having a moment in the skincare world, so I wasn't surprised to see it pop up in the beauty sector.

Coconut Water Cheek Gelee comes in 6 shades: Poppy Paradise, Honeymoon Honey, Pink Escape, Coral Oasis, Berry Bliss and Getaway Red.

Pink Escape had my name on it, so I removed my blush and applied it with my fingers.  The first thing you will notice is a refreshing cool sensation as it hits your skin.  That, it turns out, is the Coconut water instantly hydrating your skin.  It is also infused with Vitamin E rich Argan Oil, another Josie favorite.


As promised, it is both "build-able and bendable providing the natural look of a cream blush with 14-hour hydrating color of a gel stain".  

Brilliant.

Rather than just diving into this purchase like I usually do, I test wore it through my work day and my work out.  It looked as fresh when went to remove it as it did when I applied it.

Amazing.

I bee lined back to Sephora the next day to purchase it and I have been using it every day since.  It also doubles nicely as a lip stain.  I did notice in the extreme heat of the last week that it liquefied a bit.

I might not be packing it in my beach bag, as I read Josie Maran does, but I will be packing it in my makeup case every day...

Forever.

xox,
DD




1 comment:

  1. The deliciously named shades of blush sound good enough to eat! However, it is your review that really makes me want to try these out. Coconut oil is fabulous for your skin, so it is only natural that coconut water would make great beauty products!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...