The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Heaven Scent: Chateau Krigler 212


Like many women, I dream of having a "signature scent".  Try as I might, to add a new fragrance to my repertoire each season, what smells delicious on someone else, or me for about 15 minutes, often disappoints, after the dry down faze, or what now know is called the "heart note".

I have a few classics.  I have been wearing Paco Rabanne's Calandre every spring for the last 30 years.I like YSL's lighter,reinterpreted Paris quite well.  Hermes Un Jardin Sur La Nil is a summer favorite, and this past winter I utterly adored wearing Jimmy Choo.  All and all, finding a new fragrance does take a bit of diligent trial and error, and many seasons I have simply given up and stuck with my tried and trues.

I received some press information and a sample of Chateau Krigler 212, an update of the cult classic Chateau Krigler 12, worn by none other than Grace Kelly. When it comes to luxury goods, I admit to being a bright pupil, who knows her stuff and keeps her nose to the grindstone about elegant, wonderful products.  Though Krigler is  housed in The Plaza Hotel and has an illustrious history, they were completely off my radar.  Are you familiar with Krigler?  Here is a bit of background:

ABOUT KRIGLER: Conceived of in 1904, the Russian-born, New York-Monte Carlo based namesake house was born of founder Albert Krigler’s desire to create unique luxury fragrances made with the finest ingredients from around the worldKrigler Perfumes rose to fame in the early 1920s as a favorite among celebrities and royals of the era, with high profile clients including John F. Kennedy, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly.

What I never could have expected, is that I would fall madly in love with Chateau Krigler 212. I could never discern by whiff what was in that bottle, but from the moment I put this light, intoxicating fragrance on, till many hours later when it gently wore off, I was enamored completely. Here are the details:

KRIGLER CELEBRATES 100 YEARS OF CHATEAU KRIGLER 12
WITH ULTRA CHATEAU KRIGLER 212

THINK: A classic scent reinterpreted for modern-day.


WHAT IT IS: A rendition of the popular Chateau Krigler 12 scent. Inspired by the much-adored Chateau Krigler 12 fragrance worn by iconic beauty Grace Kelly, Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 embodies the vitality and energy of today with a nod to the timeless charisma of a past era. Introduced in 1912, Chateau Krigler 12 was created in Champagne, France, and quickly gained an international cult following for its captivating fragrance that provided a refreshing contrast to the period’s heavier scents. With Ultra Chateau Krigler 212, a reflection of the vibrancy and charm of contemporary New York, the legendary fragrance house offers a modern-day interpretation of the scent, that’s sure to be as alluring as the original.
More suave and youthful than Chateau Krigler 12, Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 possesses a muskier and woodsier aroma than the original scent. Top notes of Lily of the Valley, Iris, Magnolia from Borneo and North Florida, Violet, Rose and Aldehyde give way to a floral heart of Musk, Cassis, Champaca Flowers, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang and Lilac. The rich base features Amber, Cedar, African Orchid and Damascus Plum, for a lingering scent that infuses the air with a joie de vivre.
Developed with only the finest ingredients, Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 sets a new standard for classically chic scents. Lively and complex, Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 offers a welcome contrast to today’s flat, clinical scents. A celebration of the past enveloped in an enchanting fragrance of the present, Ultra Chateau Krigler 212 imbues the wearer with a sense of joy and pleasure, imparting the promise of a vibrant future of infinite possibilities. 

WHAT THEY COST: $220 for 1.7fl.oz and $310 for 3.4fl.oz-  (Samples $12.50), to wit, since the perfumes are expensive and availability is limited, Krigler smartly recommends purchasing samples, to help you find your "signature scent":


How do I select and apply my signature fragrance? In order to discover how a particular fragrance reacts with your body chemistry, we recommend that you purchase a sample of the fragrance. Fragrances are usually composed of top, middle and base notes. The top note imparts a first impression to your nose; the middle note unfolds a few moments after application of the perfume; and the base, or heart note, is the clinging impression that embraces the wearer for hours.

WHERE TO FIND: The Plaza Hotel, http://www.krigler.com/


Naturally, I will be making a bee line to The Plaza to suss Krigler out, the next time I am in the City.  In addition to perfume, they also sell scented candles and skin care.

Isn't it lovely that Mother's Day is just around the corner???

xox,
DD
One West 58th Street
at The Plaza Hotel’s Concourse Level. 212.371.1122;

2 comments:

  1. I rarely wear perfume bur when I do, I have a long standing favorite of decades. But this sounds simp,y sublime - I might just have to wander by the Plaza someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q., I see a Krigler story in your future! I can't WAIT to visit them at the Plaza...and get my MD gift.

    xo,
    DD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...