The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, April 22, 2012

B.B.'s Are All The Buzz

Garnier's "B.B" Cream - Photo courtesy of Musings of a Muse
$12.99 


What prey tell is a B. B.???  B. B. stands for "Beauty Balm" a product that has proven to be be very popular in Europe and Asia.  B.B.'s are the ultimate time saving, multi-tasker, combining skin care, skin protection and a sprinkling of minerals to provide a hint of color and coverage, much like a tinted moisturizer does.. Conceptually brilliant...no?

I was first introduced to a B.B. when I sampled and reviewed Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Beauty Balm with SPF 25. I actually use this everyday, but there is just one caveat--I use it on my hands.  Dr. Jart's Water Fuse BB, unfortunately, only comes in one shade.  If I had to describe it, "grout" might come to mind.  I love how it plumps up my hands and I feel good about using SPF 25 on them, even on cloudy and rainy days. For someone who will spend her remaining days, "fake baking", this is just not something that works for me as a face product.  I look forward to the day they expand their shade offerings.

In the meanwhile, my dear friend and client Susan, who is a devoted DivaDebbi follower, was excited to tell me about how much she is enjoying Garnier's new Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector a.k.a B.B.  Garnier is the first company in the U.S. to produce a B.B. in the mass class.  When she told me it was available in two shades; Light/ Medium and Medium/Dark, I knew I'd be picking it up the latter on my next CVS run.

Susan, like most women who embrace the "B.B" concept, liked simplifying her morning routine.  She did suggest that I might want to add just a drop of foundation for a bit more coverage the way she does.  I did, and agree it gave me the scooch of makeup I was craving, but on it's own, I think no makeup types will be thrilled with essentially having a tinted moisturizer with benefits.

Here is how Garnier describes Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream:


THE PROBLEM: 
Skin concerns, such as discoloration, dullness, blotchiness and dryness can come from a number of different sources. It's hard to find just one product that addresses all these concerns at once.


Garnier introduces it's first BB Cream, Miracle Skin Perfector. Multi-benefit skincare that combines intense hydration with tinted minerals and vitamin C.


HOW IT WORKS: 
A combination of Hyaluronic Acid, Lipidure Microspheres + Glycerin retains water in the skin, allowing it to maintain superior moisture levels and improve softness and suppleness of skin for 24hours. 


Vitamin C provides antioxidant properties, boosts radiance and luminosity of skin.


Mineral Pigments delicately and immediately beautiful skin. The rich pigments instantly melt and spread flawlessly over skin. 


Available in 2 shades : Light/Medium Medium/Deep


THE RESULTS

Instantly: Skin looks naturally more even, radiant and smooth.
After just one use
96%of women reported instanly smoothed skin upon application

90%

of women noticed a more even complexion

93%

of women said that their skin had a healthy glow after use

So have you tried your first B.B. yet and if not are you tempted? I think a trend is upon us Girls.
Thoughts???
xox,DD  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...