These days, it seems that anything that can be plucked, ironed or peeled has a Brazilian pre-fix.
Why is that??? Can we please move on to another country if not continent already???
I do love me some Glycolic Acid. Used regularly, it does keep my skin glowing, so whether its pads or peels, some form of glycolic acid is in my repertoire. When I was contacted to try Advanced Home Active's Brazilian Peel , which was rewarded the 2010 Allure Best of Beauty Award, Best Beauty Breakthrough, I leaped to accept. I do use an at home glycolic peel, but it requires 4 steps, cleansing, prepping, applying and neutralizing. The system Brazilian Peel created is tidy, safe and effective; 4 dual chamber syringes, are infused with medical-strength 30% glycolic acid and acai berry (~ola)! on one side, and neutralizing solution on the other, simply apply one syringe as directed, each week for a month. Here's how it works:
I started with completely cleansed skin, and then pressed the solution into my palm. Within a few seconds, I felt a soothing sensation of warmth. It is best applied in a thin layer, (avoiding the eye area) to the face, neck and decollete. I found I had product leftover, so I immediately covered my hands...bonus!!!
They caution there may be a slight tingle, but my skin is pretty hardy...the only thing that might tingle me is a buzz saw. I relaxed for 10 minutes with my feet up, while Brazilian Peel did all the heavy lifting and than rinsed thoroughly. I have used two treatments and I am enjoying many of the benefits with zero irritation or unsightly peeling. I could not stop peeking at my skin today...it was positively radiant. I can't wait to see what happens after week three and four! Here are some more facts and results from their clinical tests:
- Contains 30% glycolic acid – 5x stronger than most doctor endorsed glycolic products - so results are deeper, stronger, longer lasting.
- Clinically proven to visibly brighten, smooth, firm and tone skin.
- Safe, gentle, easy to use thanks to the revolutionary Q-Mag Neutralizer, a patented delivery system which delivers the strength of a professional glycolic peel without irritation.
- Enhanced with açai, a natural and potent anti-oxidant from the Brazilian rain forest, that helps reduce the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Hastens cell regeneration and restores skins’ collagen building function to create a younger looking appearance as softer, clearer, less congested, healthier-looking skin emerges.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
- Hyper pigmentation, blemishes and dry patches are reduced or eradicated.
- Helps repair sun damage.
- Helps improve skin’s texture, smoothing away dullness, roughness and dryness.
- Skin becomes tighter, firmer, more radiant and glowing.
- Makes skin surface ready for High Definition attention.
- Allows moisturizers and treatment products to be more efficacious.
- Free of Dyes, Paraben Sulfates, Petrochemicals, Synthetic Fragrance
- Cost hundreds of dollars less than a spa or Doctors office
And you can be too. De nada.
Hee hee! Had to crack up over "...the only thing that might tingle is a buzz saw"! I too have pretty hardy skin, tho I have noticed that as I approach my 50's, the skin on my cheekbones have thinned... causing some pain during my regular glycolic facials... still, this sounds promising - and cheaper than a single facial!ReplyDelete
Happy to amuse! I think this product is a winner and you will not experience discomfort.
Just had lunch with some of my high school Bff's and they were all talking about my glow :)
Hummm. I don't know this product to be honest... and I do understand your frustation about everything that starts with a "Brazilian", but being a Brazilian myself, I didn't think that the start of your post was very appropriate.ReplyDelete
But it's your blog and that is just my point of view.
Sorry to offend! Not my intent, of course. The issue is with having to listen really, really closely when someone says, "I am going to get "a Brazilian"...uh, North or South?!
I have too used it, for 2 months now! I love it! I am 47 and was starting to notice some sagging, bumps and lines and I have to say that my skin is dramically more smooth! I even took some before and after pictures so I would not be fooled and have to say, there is a noticeable difference! I will continue to use it!!!
I am glad you are loving it too! I must say, I sneakily used only half my tube so that I might stretch out this terrific product a little longer.ReplyDelete
For those who have acne issues, they are launching an acne peel product at Sephora mid July. It also comes with daily pads that have glycolic and salicylic acid as well as the good rain forest stuff. I haven't had a pimple since my teens, but I am betting it will still keep me glowing!
Thanks for your comment!