The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Length vs. Width...The Age Old Dilemma

Hard to believe, but my mascara tank was on E...I checked all my usual stashes and my goodie closet-- nada.  What to do???  Mascara is definitely a makeup category I don't splurge on.  Yes, I have gone the YSL, Dior, Lancome route in the past, but unlike foundation, shadow, lipstick and blush, I just don't see enough difference to justify the spike in price.

I was on a CVS run and remembered how much I liked mascaras with built in primers in the past.  Having the freedom to haphazardly dash on the (white) primer, which acts as a first coat, is downright liberating.  It also sets the stage nicely for clean looking, non clumpy, long lashes.  By sight, I could not find the last one I used, nor could I remember if it was a L'Oreal or Maybelline offering.  Oh-tay...moving on.  I selected L'Oreal's Double Extend Mascara in Carbon Black.  Frankly, there are so many mascaras within the same brand it's getting harder and harder to choose.  From a marketing stand point, I am not sure how they are just not cannibalizing their own market share...but I digress.  Net net,  how did it work???


Rather brilliantly, me thinks.  I'm glad I rediscovered primer, because it really does set the stage for great looking lashes. I have always gravitated more towards creating volume over length.  During my Latisse trial, my lashes sprouted like meadow grass, almost grazing my brows.  I forgot how much I loved them...too bad it felt like someone was using an emery board on my eyeballs for 6 weeks...unsustainable, even by Diva
standards of biting on a block of wood,  if need be, for a beauty reward.

What I like best about Double Extend  Mascara is actually, how long and lean my lashes are.  There is something youthful and pretty about them, versus my past quest of stuffing them up like goose livers.  I'm sticking...(at least for now ,or until the next mascara launch sucks me back into the drugstore).

I don't think it is a coincidence that the reason my lashes  long and strong is from using lash enhancing serums every night on clean lashes. I just finished my tube of Revitalash, which worked brilliantly to maintained healthy lashes without any irritation.  To my delight, one tube lasted for well over 9 months.  Also to my delight, I had another lash enhancer in my goodie closet, Miss Oops Ridiculously Long Lashes for Eyelashes and Brows.  Hopefully, it will live up to its name...(naturally, I will keep you posted).Length, it is.

xox,
DD







xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...