The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, February 1, 2014

How to Mend a Broken Heart: Alcohol

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic
Love is the Drug Blush

When I was in London recently, I made a special trip to Selfridges to see Charlotte Tilbury's newly launched makeup collection.  It was gorgeous. All of it.

I fell head of heels in love with her beautiful collection of 'Cheek to Chic' blushes and in particular, Love is the Drug.  Since it is only available in the UK, I knew I had to pounce.  Affirmation came, when I read in Temptalia's blog, that the one she ordered from Charlotte Tilbury's website arrived in a million little pieces.

Recently, I misplaced my Love is the Drug blush. I was in a blind panic. Now, you can imagine that I do have a back up or 10 in my makeup arsenal, yet nothing pleased me quite the same way.

I nearly wept today, when I discovered it had been misplaced in the back of my desk drawer.  Sadly, I grabbed it a bit too enthusiastically and dropped it.  Now mine was in a million little pieces.

Quelle horreur!

As I surveyed the damage, I remembered reading about a way to fix broken blushes and eye shadows.  

I  carefully wrapped up the remnants in tissue and packed it in a small zippered compartment of my handbag.  When I got home I carefully poured a little bit of alcohol into the compact and tried to set it with my pinky.  Afterwords, I attempted to blow it dry.

Well, it ain't pretty but it is intact...somewhat:



Part of the beauty of Cheek to Chic blushes is in the application process:

A 2-step application ritual, each shade is a creamy, colour-rich texture containing finely crushed pearls to give your skin a limitless glow. Enliven dull skin in just a Swish and a Pop!


• Light Flex Technology captures light and re-emits it for a luminous complexion
• Colour-rich pigments are rolled into finely crushed pearls that smooth & buff the skin for excellent blendability & perfect colour uniformity
• The formula is buildable for the perfect, healthy, even glow

I won't know until tomorrow, when it fully drys and I apply my makeup, if my cheek to chic is now cheek to streak.  I'm going to post this on CT's Facebook page, since she liked my original post as well as my inclusion of Cheek to Chic Blush on my DivaDebbi's Best of Beauty 2013 list. 

I'm hoping she will take pity on my plight.  I need this stuff and really, so do you.  I know there's a bit of allure to longing for the unattainable, but as far as I'm concerned Charlotte Tilbury can't arrive in the U.S. soon enough.

So, if you never new this sage little trick before you do now, but I'm hoping you won't ever have to cause to use it.

Heartbreaking...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...