The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, January 4, 2014

DivaDebbi's Best of Beauty 2013




As promised, here are my favorite beauty finds of 2013.  I have received and purchased a scary amount of products, as always.  Here is what stood above the competition (links are live for your convenience):

Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Cream ($21)- Co-founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino has made finding the perfect lip shade easier, by dividing this collection into five color families; Pink, Red, Berry, Nude and Spice.  They have the consistency of a balm, but are deeply pigmented, long wearing, long lasting and infused with antioxidants and peptides. Perfection...

Benefit's Gimme Brow ($22)- This is a clever product, soon to be imitated, I predict.  This volumizing gel contains small fibers that naturally fill in gaps, sparse brows or purely enhance. It comes in two shades, light/medium and medium/dark. Deservedly, it won an Allure Best of Beauty 2013 Award. Do try it...if you can find it.  This little baby is frequently sold out.


Korres Magic Light Face Contouring Trio ($28)- This is a fantastically handy multi-tasker.  It is perfect for contouring, highlighting and adding a pop of natural blush.  I have also used it many times as an eye shadow in a pinch. I've had it for nearly a year and have barely made a dent in it.  Sadly, the hinges broke off of the mirror, so it no longer travels with me...an aberration, I'm sure.  Nice stuff...

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush (L30) I hope by the time I reach the bottom of this exquisite, "Swirl and Pop"mica infused powder blush, it will be available stateside.  Charlotte Tilbury is a well known makeup artist in London, who made her name on Kate Moss's bones.  I had a chance to see her entire collection at it's only retail door, Selfridges in London.  Trust me--we want this...

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme Plump Collagen Lip Shine ($22) I'm a bit addicted to this stuff. It uses a plant extract that actually does swell the lips a tad.  It's not sticky or tacky and tastes vaguely of vanilla. I prefer it in clear, so I can wear it over a variety of lip colors. A single tube lasts a long time. It also conditions the lips nicely used on its own.

Dior Nudeskin BB Cream ($44)- This is a recent find and it is by far the loveliest BB cream I have used yet, perhaps because it does feels lighter and more foundation like than any I have tried...Available in five shades, it melts seamlessly into your skin and looks dewy and natural.  Genius.

Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio's ($28)- Smashbox takes all the guess work out of how to apply shadow; the lightest shade goes from lid to brow, the medium shadow highlights the crease and the darkest shade pops the eye as a top and bottom liner. There are many finely milled, beautifully pigmented trio's to choose from.  I have two and could easily have others.

IT Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer ($24) Developed with Plastic Surgeons, this highly pigmented, waterproof under eye concealer is still moisturizing.  It's available in 4 shades (with the majority of purchasers buying natural medium, me included). It is intended to not only improve the look of dark circles and imperfections topically, but to strengthen the delicate skin under the eye as well. A single tube will probably last your entire lifetime.

Makeup Forever Smokey Extravagant Mascara ($24) Originally developed for the stage, this "Dramatic Impact Graphic Precision" mascara left my lashes looking full and lush in just a few sweeps.  Of all the mascaras I tried this year, Smokey Extravagant was my hands down fave.

Stila One-Step Bronze ($36)- I have become adverse to powder bronzers, which just seem too matte and drying.  Stila One-Step Bronze is a serum that hydrates while blending three beautiful tones to create a perfect faux glow.  I apply it with a fluffy powder brush as the second to last step of my daily makeup application. And the last step is...

Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia ($18) Conde Nast and Mary Kay sent me a gorgeous box of goodies this December and asked me to recreate one of the Holiday looks their experts had created.  Can do!  By far, my favorite from this haul was the Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia.  A few mists blend everything in an instant to a natural finish and than keeps it that way...for hours.  In love!!!

That's it Lovelies!  I'm always happy to hear what you are using and loving too...I'm still on the hunt for a long wearing eye pencil, that is deeply pigmented and glides on easily.

See you in the New Year...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...