The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, November 25, 2013

Color WOW Pop & Lock Shellac Gets A Reprieve

Color Wow Pop & Lock Shellac
$18


I think it's not unreasonable to say they all women seek the following:
  1. Smooth, unlined, spot free, radiant skin
  2. Shiny, glossy, frizz free hair
  3. Manageable roots
  4. Whiter teeth
 
AmIright????
 
I recently blogged about my very good experience with Color WOW's Shampoo and Conditioner (http://divadebbi.blogspot.com/2013/11/color-wow-shampoo-and-conditioner.html). 

I had discovered them in London in my friend Nancy's shower.  Now that my hair is freshly colored for the Holidays, (thank you, thank you to my genius colorist Chris Hornauer of 15 years, Warren Tricomi Greenwich,) I wanted to protect my investment and maintain my color at least through New Year's Eve...A trip to Ulta was in order. 

I had looked at a memorable Youtube on Color Wow's website at another  product called the One Minute Transformation Styling Cream, designed to restyle dry hair, tame frizz and hydrate hair.  I toyed with purchasing it, but know that I already have several products claiming to do the same thing under my sink.

Instead, I ponied up for Pop & Lock Shellac which is designed to seal the cuticle, trap in color and lock out dryness. For extra shimmer, it is infused with mica and has UV filters to add some extra defense against color fading.

 
I found the directions to be maddeningly vague; basically apply to hair.  Really??? 
How much?  How?  Where? 

I put a half inch strip in my palm and kind of patted it on my hair.  The effect wasn't exactly dazzling. Rescuing the receipt from the trash, I put returning it to Ulta on my to-do list.

This morning I decided to give it one more shot.  I mixed the same half inch strip of Color WOW Pop & Lock Shellac with penny sized amount of John Frieda's Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Cream in my palm, rubbed them together and lightly crunched it through my tresses.

I definitely restored shine, (where Girls, does it go two or three days after shampooing???).  And the actual thought that popped into my head was, "WOW, this really popped my highlights!!!

 
 

Do we agree?

So for now, it's a keeper. And no, I won't be surprised when one day Color Wow comes out  with One Minute Style Transformation Cream with Pop & Lock Shellac technology.

Just remember where you heard it first...

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...