The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Getting to Know Jane Iredale


 
I had never purchased Jane Iredale cosmetics, though I was aware that she was an early advocate of natural mineral makeup.  Her tag line- The Skin Care Makeup sums it up perfectly. Known for its purity, it is often recommended by plastic surgeons and dermatologists.

Recently, I received a reach out from 5W Public Relations, with press information about their new PureMoist Lipstick and Longest Lash Thickening & Lengthening Mascara. Might I be interested in sampling them as well?

Uh...ya!

Jane Iredale  PureMoist Lipstick
24 shades $25

My fragrant package arrived within two days, an included a lovely note from Jane. When she started the company back in 1994 every order was shipped with a sprig of lavender from Jane's garden. As they grew, the practice fell to the wayside, but they have decided to bring it back, as a token of their appreciation.

Charming!

PureMoist Lipstick has been reformulated and repackaged in a new slim tube, that fits the lip perfectly. PureMoist is infused with natural ingredients like orange peel wax, avocado, moringa and sunflower seed oils, pomegranate extract and Vitamins A and C, among others.
 
I requested my usual preference, a rosy nude. Below are my lips in "Rosy", which is described as a, "creamy, matte, light merlot".


Bingo!

It's a hair darker than what I like to wear by day, but it will certainly be perfect for upcoming Holiday parties. The texture was bit drier than I expected, but the plus side was extremely long wear.




Longest Lash Thickening & Lengthening Mascara
$33


Longest Lash Thickening & Lengthening Mascara is also a relaunch for Jane Iredale.  I loved the squishy tube and nicely, it contains 50% more product than most mascaras.  I liked the long wand and full brush head, which created clean looking clump-free lashes.



This is my eye with two coats of mascara, which I think looks perfect for day. The formula is created with seaweed lipids to condition the lashes and reduce breaking.

What I did not see was abundance of length or thickness. 3 coats may be the ticket...maybe that's what the 50% additional product is about.

I'm OK with that.  These are nice products and I'm glad I got to "know" Jane. I think she's a Girl worth  knowing better...

xox,
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...