The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Simple Life


 What kind of a world do we live in, when a Kardashian,  (I don't have the vaguest clue which),  can spend $400k on a car for her husband???  It's soooo 2008.  Obviously those K Sisters are not having to make the tough choices...when to splurge and when to cheat.

I like really nice things, as much as the next girl, but when it comes to beauty and fashion, I have to budget my priorities.  Both my closet and my makeup case share space with the creme de la creme (though not the Creme de la Mer...waaaay to greasy),  and bargains, that sometimes almost measure up to the upscale aspirants they are imitating.

Case in point,  me and my Gal Pals at work, tell each other the naked beauty truth, nearly every day... observations  run the gamut from, "you need your roots done", "your eyebrows need waxing", "put some lipstick on" to "tweeze that hair sprouting from your chin, pronto".  When someone recently mentioned it looked like I had dark circles,  I imagined dropping everything to sprint north up Greenwich Avenue for an immediate fix.   Where to???   Saks for  Trish, or Sephora for Laura Mercier?  Or, maybe I would get lucky and find something cheap and equally effective at CVS. 


I have long been a fan of ,  Physician's Formula Concealer RX.   This stuff is  budge proof,  and very possibly bullet proof too.   I used it to cover sun spots that I am trying to keep from getting any darker.  Up until now, I was using it under my eyes and thought it was doing a good enough job...apparently not.   


I was hoping to find something creamy, with a brush applicator and possibly with a corrective color (often yellow based) and a neutral medium beige.  Voila, everything I was hoping for, (except no mirror)...
One of the things I love about CVS, is their commitment to letting you try cosmetics and return them, if you are not satisfied with the product.  I take them up on that pledge often...there is zero downside and I often like my beauty bargains just as much as the good stuff.  For $7.25, how could I not give it a whirl?

Results???  Dare I say flawless???  Loved the consistency,  loved the coverage, loved the price.  Fabulous!!!  You see???  I'm well on the way to the down payment on my Bentley Continental Convertible...in my next life.

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...