The Clock Stops Here...
Thursday, May 20, 2010
I am down to the last of my magazine subscriptions. Gone are the days when W, Vogue, Town & Country and New York Magazine, fought for space in my mailbox. Who on earth has the time anymore? I read many magazines online these days or more leisurely, while sitting in salons having something lacquered.
My Allure arrived today. I will feel a wisp of sadness when it expires, but not more than that. As much as I like Linda Wells and enjoy reading her monthly take on all things Beauty, I am bored to tears with the exact same format and features, month after month, year in year out.
I realized after finishing it from cover to cover, (in less than 20 minutes), that all the things I got excited about in this issue, were found in the ads not in the editorial content...not so good.
Here is what's on my wish list:
1) Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara. Strengthening and lengthening??? Of course I am in.
2) Essie's Summer Collection. If they showed multiples, I'd be cutting and pasting them on my toes in between typing. Love them all, (except Pretty Edgy, which is a wee too Emerald City for my taste).
3) L'Oreal Sublime Bronze One Day. I have been tempted to buy Scott Barnes Body Bling for some time...I'm hoping this will be a cheap and cheerful replacement and I will save about $25 bucks in the process.
4) Infiniti Conair's You Curl. A clampless curling iron??? This is right up there with Penicillin. Do any of Target's stores stay open 24 hours??? I need this stat.
5) Garnier Fructis Style Anti-Humidity Hairspray...eventually the humidity will hit 90%, and I will lock and load.
6) Exuviance. An at home 25% Glycolic peel, that consists of two sets of pads, one infused with activator, the other, neutralizer. Easy peasy. I like it.
7) S-G Invisible Dry Shampoo- The last dry shampoo I used was PSSSSST. Christie Brinkley was a CoverGirl. I don't know why I need this now, (obviously I haven't missed it), but I do. Fortunately, this appeared on the second to last page.
Who knows what else Allure would have enticed me with? In retrospect, maybe I was too hard on them...they did their part. I still want...