The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, July 3, 2009

Sometimes Less Is More


I have been holding out on you...I actually discovered this marvelous eye liner several CVS runs ago. Awhile back, I Blogged about Benefit's BAD Gal Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil. It had everything I wanted---a glossy, rich black color, a gel like consistency, that was budge less by day, but remover friendly. I also didn't want to have to tug, unnecessarily around my uppers or lowers...you know how we are always being cautioned about caring for our "delicate" eyelid areas. I wasn't mad for the $20 price tag, but I had never found anything at the mass level that met all my fussy demands.

Sometimes, (as in the case of a good foundation) you really are paying for a better product, not just sleek packaging and marketing. Sometimes, not.

I am so enamored, with N.Y.C.'s New York Color Union Square Eyeshadow quad, that I didn't think twice about picking up their N.Y.C. Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil...I'm a pushover for product under $4.00 bucks...can you blame me??? While I was splurging, I also bought the Dual Pencil Sharpener for 99 CENTS!!! This thing sharpens the end of any type of pencil, (lip, brow, eye), slim or chubby, to a point as sharp as a Marmot's tooth. Love that!!!...and for $3.99, who cares if you hone it like a Ginsu knife everyday??? The Eyeliner is also available in 5 shades besides black, and you might actually wear 3 of them.

So--- What's the verdict??? After 4 weeks of highly satisfied use, a return trip to pick up another for a spare, and recommending it and receiving great feedback from colleagues, friends and my sister Loren, I couldn't hold out on y'all for another nano.

Sometimes less is more. Next time I will tell you what I bought with the $16.00 I saved.

Happy Fireworks!!!

xox
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...