The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Review: Givenchy Ombre Couture Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows

Ombre Couture - Nude Plumetis No. 14

$26





I was at Sephora recently and spotted Givenchy's very lovely Ombre Couture Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow, available in 10 subtle shades.  It occurred to me, that I have never used a cream eye shadow on my lids or crease.  Why, I have no earthly idea.  Probably, because powder shadow simply dominates the category.

I first tried Nude Plumetis #14 on my lid.  I was amazed how nicely it glided over my existing makeup and how instantly refreshed and alert I looked. I loved the texture and how it created a fresh canvas and what looked like more lid to work with.

Wowza!
On a roll, I continued with Rose Dentelle , a gorgeous wood rose, in my crease and then in a sweeping motion, to the outer extended corner of my eye. This shade gives my eye a defined, polished look, that is infinitely more subtle than powder shadow.  Though it doesn't claim to be a benefit, my eyelids appear flawless and line free...What's in this stuff?  I wanted to slather it on my face.

Givenchy Ombre Couture Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow does tout 16 hours of wear. I'd put it more at 10-12 , but that's good 'nuf for me.  I wondered if the magic I achieved was just smoke and mirrors, since I had tried it over existing makeup, but I was even more pleased after applying it with proper brushes on freshly prepped eyes the next morning. I also found it to be crease resistant, the one hesitation I had when I purchased them.

Although they are a bit pricey, I can tell by the minuscule amount of highly pigmented product needed, that each pot will last a long, long time. Don't forget, you can always ask for samples at Sephora to try before you buy.

Another bonus?  I also truly and  finally found the liners of my dreams, one a purchase and the other a Sephora VIB Rouge freebie, but that's for another day.


xox
DD





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...