The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation; A knockout

Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation
11 Shades $46.50
Refills available for $39


There has been a tremendous amount of buzz about Lancome's Miracle Cushion Foundation as being a completely new, portable foundation.

Actually, Pur Minerals beat them to the punch, with their Pur Minerals Air Perfection Cushion Compact Foundation.  I wrote about it, with love, back in September.  Available in only 3 shades, I was riding the crest of my summer color and was using the "tan" shade...Too dark for my winter pallor and relegated to the back of a drawer, I honestly forgot about it.

Friends had been raving about the light-medium coverage and glow they were getting with Lancome's Miracle Cushion Foundation, so needless to say, I had to try it for myself, STAT.

I blogged last week about having some really good skin days and teased that I was also testing out an unarmed foundation. Since  I also started using Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer at the exact same time,  I couldn't be sure if my great results were from the primer, the foundation or the 1-2 punch of the two together...I'm pretty sure it's the latter, so be prepared to invest in both.

I can say the exact same thing about both products, "it's a snap to use, the cool, lovely texture blends seamlessly and with ease. In seconds, your skin will appear as close to flawless, as it might ever be. Score 1 for Lancome, Miracle Cushion Foundation, that it is also infused with treatment ingredients to hydrate and brighten.

Truly, it's such a simple concept, that makes so much sense...as long as we are applying something to our face, why shouldn't it also provide benefits?  Amiright???

DivaDebbi wearing Lancome Miracle Foundation in Buff 220




Since I perpetually self tan, I'm still confused how the third lightest offering, Buff 220 was the best match for my skin tone. Some of the darker shades contains yellow and neutral undertones, that intuitively would be a better match. The compact is refillable and when it's time to renew, (and I will definitely renew), I'll see if I erred. With a finishing pop of my beloved Stila One Step Bronze, it somehow seems right.

What drives me a bit batty about both Lancome and Pur's Cushion Foundation, is that keeping the compact and cushion applicator pristine, is virtually impossible. Product that gets on the white plastic compact is indelible; no amount of scrubbing removes it.  This is slightly messy business and I also fret over how often I should be washing the cushion applicator, even though it never loses the stain of makeup. Initially, it is so visually elegant...but alas, I know I'm quirky about things that might not bother others.

With that quibble aside, I still love it and think it is ideal for summer and year round wear. For those of you who want more info. Please read the dets. below from Sephora's website:

What it is:
A color-true, liquid foundation in a unique cushion sponge that seamlessly delivers light to medium coverage while hydrating the skin. 

What it does:
This oil-free Miracle Cushion Liquid Cushion Compact creates a dewy finish for a polished glow. Its innovative cushion sponge contains over 800,000 pores to transfer the ideal amount of product for an effortless makeup application. This multitasking formula is infused with skincare actives that give skin a boost of intense hydration, delivering a cooling sensation while brightening the appearance of skin. Miracle Cushion provides the benefits of a BB/CC cream while offering the benefits of light to medium coverage found in a liquid foundation. Simply give this foundation compact an easy tap for light coverage, and then give it a heavier tap for more coverage. Suspended in a cushion sponge, the liquid is enclosed in an air-tight compact for convenient portability. 

What else you need to know:
If you want a more precise application, I think it's really useful just to fold the applicator in half and use that for those tricky-to-reach areas: so around the sides of your nose, under your nose, around the edge of your face, or underneath your eyes. And if you do find that you need extra coverage, use your concealer on top. It will blend really easily on top of your Cushion.—Lisa Eldridge, LancĂ´me Makeup Global Creative Director 

This product is noncomedogenic and dermatologist-tested. 

Research results:
In a study of 100 women after 1 month of use: 
- 100% reported that their complexion looked brighter 
- 100% said their complexion appeared more evenly toned 
- 100% reported appearance of imperfections were minimized

While the research results above are impressive, I declare the same winning results after just days of use.

Do you need to try Lancome Miracle Cushion Foundation? I believe so. Technically, it's a knockout...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...