The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, October 19, 2012

My Birthday Set 10-20

My Birthday Set 10-20




Today is my Birthday! I am so happy to be celebrating it with family and friends. I created this set, thinking of my Mom Joan.  She loves to paint and instilled her sense of joy about art and color in me.  When I was little, I leaved through a lovely little bound book she had on Degas until it was dog eared.  His dancer sets in particular mesmerized me.  This set is for you Mama with all my love!

Tonight is the Greenwich Hospital Gala, and my wonderful employers, the Mitchell Family, are being honored.  I am so glad I will be there to see them celebrated for their incredible generosity to the community.

Thursday, is the annual Breast Cancer Alliance fashion show and luncheon at the Greenwich Hyatt. Richards, in another show of generosity, is the chief underwriter.  Close to 900 women will gather to support this incredible organization.  I cannot describe the amount of work that goes into       making this day successful...literally, it takes a village. This years Chairs, Annie Amato, Terrie Henry, Kim Augustine and Mary Jeffery have worked tirelessly and I just know it may be the best one yet!

I am very honored to be speaking about survivorship along with the talented author Lee Woodruff,  wife of Bob Woodruff.

All in all, a busy week, filled with celebrations.  Life is good!

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. Sending you very very happy belated birthday wishes!! After a totally insane few weeks, I am adjust catching up with a few of my favorite spots online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so belated! It was yesterday lol. Now worries and my thanks. It was a perfect day xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...