The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, August 22, 2011

And the M.V.P. Go's to BENGAY Cold Therapy

Dara Torres Olympic Champion and BENGAY Ambassador


I receive a lot of product information, not just from the world of beauty but health as well, pertaining to new or new and improved products.  I would bet there isn't a person on the planet who hasn't had to use BENGAY for muscle aches.  It is a staple in most medicine cabinets...It's actually in a staple in my bedside table, believe it or not...

Ever since my twenties, I occasionally wake up with excruciating toe cramps!!!  Has this ever happened to you???  Well, I am here to tell you that BENGAY is the solution.  The only side effect is if the toe cramps wake me up the smell of the BENGAY could keep me up...

My first response when I received the news about BENGAY COLD THERAPY, a promising new launch was, "what about the smell"????

"It dissipates".

Well then send it on over, please!

With a husband who gardens and golfs and a son who is a year round athlete, I knew I would have someone immediately in need of using it.  In the interim, I thought it was fabulous that they chose a female  Ambassador, Dara Torres, to represent the brand and shares her fitness and lifestyle tips:

Dara Torres, the fastest female swimmer and the first American swimmer to compete in five Olympic Games, has won a total of 12 Olympic medals. In 2008 and as a new mother at 41, Dara captured the hearts and minds of people of all ages in her comeback earning a silver medal in 2008 and continues her plans to compete in 2012 for her 6th Olympic Games. Talk about girl power!

As an on-going brand ambassador, Dara will help the brand promote a healthy and active lifestyle and recently assisted in the launch of the brand’s latest product, BENGAY® Cold Therapy, a product that combines the pain relieving power of menthol and the cooling benefits of PRO-COOL™ Technology to directly alleviate pain.

- My ultimate secret to success: I’m often asked what my secret is to maintaining a rigorous training routine and my answer always seems to surprise people – recovery. Being older than most athletes doesn’t mean I have to train harder, but smarter. How do you do this? Conserve your energy. Make the most of your workout and then, let your body rest, disengage your mind and simply relax. It’s also a great excuse to see the latest movie or catch-up on your favorite reality shows.

- Be a champion of movement: Age may just be a number, but pain isn’t. While it is important to push yourself in your fitness routine and everyday life, it is just as important to treat pain properly and appropriately. Rest and stretching are great ways to combat muscle aches. However, when rest isn’t enough, try BENGAY® Cold Therapy, which provides a blast of cold and deep, penetrating relief, or BENGAY® Pain Relief + Massage, which contains unique applicator nubs to target pain directly. Both products will help you go about your day and live life without compromise.

- I think therefore I can: Your home is a sanctuary, but it can also be a gym. When squeezing in a workout seems impossible, think again. A favorite trick I share with my fans – use canned vegetables to add extra oomph to arm curls and overhead extensions or, while watching your favorite TV show, challenge yourself to do push-ups, sit-ups and squats during commercials.

Well said!

My sample showed up and I immediately tested it myself.  Different from other muscle rubs and even BENGAY's own formula's, it goes on cleanly as a cool gel.  I asked my son if anything "hurt". 

"Yup, I strained my hamstring".

"Try this".

I checked in on him 10 minutes later...

"It's working".

The next day I looked for it in the medicine cabinet and it was gone...He absconded with it. He sat out his baseball game over the weekend in favor of an annual all day softball tournament, while he nursed his hamstring with BENGAY COLD THERAPY.

I guess it worked, because they not only won the championship, but he was named M.V.P.!

And I think my toes will be very happy too...

xox,
DD


1 comment:

  1. wonderful post, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of
    this sector do not understand this. You should proceed your writing.
    I'm confident, you've a great readers' base already!
    Here is my weblog ... options trading platform

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...