The Clock Stops Here...
Friday, July 22, 2011
Beauty Tips to Beat the Heat; Not Your Budget
If this week’s heat and humidity feel extreme even for summer, you’re not imagining things—more than two-dozen states are currently trapped under a heat “dome,” blanketing 141 million Americans from the Plains states to the East Coast in scorching heat. With the powerful heat-mass moving east and no end to soaring temperatures in sight, it’s time to stock your beauty arsenal with products that can take the heat. From proven frizz-fighters to makeup that stays put, these summer musts keep you looking cool in spite of the weather—and all for under $25:
TIP: Increased humidity in the air can cause frizz-prone hair to go haywire. Beat the summer heat with a silicon-based product specifically designed to control frizz.
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula
· Developed to repel humidity to prevent weather-related frizz, this serum instantly and dramatically takes hair from dry and frizzy to smooth and glossy hair. Formulated with Seaweed Extract to promote smoothing while a blend of silicones immediately smoothes texture while delivering a layer of clear gloss for frizz-resistant styles. With continued use, this formula helps to prevent future frizz from forming. Apply to soaking wet hair and style as usual.
· Price: $9.99 Where to buy: drugstores nationwide
TIP: Opt for a long-wear foundation specifically designed to provide round-the-clock sweat-proof coverage.
Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation
· Get flawless, natural coverage for 18 hours with this long wearing liquid foundation. Pigments are coated with a protective shield to help protect them from water, sweat, and humidity that can break down color. Avon ’s Freshwear Complex helps maintain the quality of just-applied foundation as the formula’s stretchable, breathable network leaves skin feeling comfortable. The SPF 12 formula provides even, buildable coverage as it stands up to oil and surface shine, leaving skin feeling moisturized and balanced—never cakey, masky or heavy.
* Price: $12 · Where to Buy: Avon.com
TIP: Control shine with a light dusting of translucent powder across your t-zone for a fresh, flawless finish.
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy Truly Translucent Loose Powder
· This ultra-fine loose powder is formulated with micronized color to provide skin-perfecting coverage with a seamless, naturally translucent finish. The unique sponge-in-tip applicator delivers unsurpassed powder-to-skin adherence with no mess. Emollient papaya extract helps restore suppleness while bamboo powder helps absorb oil. Available in 6 shades.
* Price: 12.99 - Available at drugstores nationwide
TIP: Keep eyes stunning and smudge-free with a waterproof long-wear liner.
Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner
· Formulated with vitamin E and oil to moisturize and protect, this waterproof long-wearing liner provides bold definition that won’t smudge or budge for up to eight hours. The cap houses a unique built-in sharpener for precise application.
· Price: $19.· Where to buy: http://www.smashbox.com/
TIP: Switch to waterproof mascara to prevent the raccoon effect on hot summer days.
Lancôme Hypnose Waterproof Mascara
· This waterproof version of the ultimate buildable volume mascara increases lash volume up to six times and stays put for 16 hours. The exclusive SoftShield™ waterproof formula wraps and seals lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping. Tiny, barely-there lashes are no match for the patented POWERFULL™ brush, which intensifies lashes from root to tip with custom volume you can control.
· Price: $ 25. · Where to Buy: Lancome.com
TIP: Kiss smeared, smudged lip color goodbye by switching to a lightweight, long-wear stain.
NYC New York Color Smooch Proof 16HR Lip Stain
· This lightweight, transfer-proof stain delivers irresistibly smooth, vivid lip color all day long. The precise felt-tipped pen applicator system lets you line lips and fill them in with one easy step. Available In 10 Stay-Put Shades.
· Price: $4.99. * Where to Buy: Drugstores Nationwide
TIP: Give your foundation staying power by starting with a lightweight primer
Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer 002
(I blogged about this earlier in the week...it's a winnah)!
This perfecting primer smooths on evenly, leaving an impeccable surface in preparation for foundation application. The light yet effective formula delivers 5-in-1 results – smooths and resurfaces skin, hydrates and protects, mattifies to reduce shine, reduces the appearance of large pores and evens skin tone.
* Price:$8.99. Where to buy: drugstores nationwide