The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Multi-Tasking

You are stranded on a desert island and can only salvage two beauty products...what would they be? I've heard versions of this question asked of the Hollywood set (you know, last page People round-up) with replies like, "Elizabeth Arden 8 hr. Creme", "Kiehl's Silk Groom", "Shiseido Sun Protection Creme S.P.F. 55"...Nonsense!!! Who are they kidding??? Do they think we pass up the "Stars Without Makeup" pictorials on the check out line?

This is a tough, multifaceted question (first and foremost, who will I be stranded with)? Just contemplating this, I am overwhelmed. If I had to break it down, I would be thinking of my products that could pull double duty. I have an old Bobbi Brown eye shadow trio that would fit the bill (too bad it is discontinued). It has a light base, medium sienna brown shadow and a dark espresso brown shadow that can be used either wet or dry for lining and contour...In a pinch, I could probably improvise some brow coverage out of it. Between liner and mascara, I will fake (I mean take) liner any day. So that's one down.

The next would be a some type of stain that can be used on the cheeks and lips...I love the concept of Benefit's Benetint lip and cheek stain, one color fits all, it just begs to take the mind numbing, decision making out of which shade to buy. (There is also something delightfully old fashioned about it, like something Abigail Adams might have had on her dressing table, next to the laudanum). Alas, I have tried it and find it to be sheer, messy and too berry red for my complexion. Of course, that didn't stop me from trying it again, when they introduced it in a "pocket pal" version, still not berry good. I've recently read about Stila's take on this, Cherry Crush Lip Stain. It is supposed to be made from cherries and pomegranates and have some moisturizing properties to it...

Sounds both promising and nutritious, so I pop into Sephora to give it a test run.It is packaged adorably and would fit nicely into my newly edited make up bag. I am a twitter in anticipation as I am lead the way to the Stila section...(I love the Sephora associates, in fact, I look up to them. They have a scholars knowledge of their products and are always at the ready with an alcohol swab). OH MY!!! Can I spit, in Sephora? My lips are afire and I am distinctly tasting Dimetapp...Thank goodness it looks as bad as it tastes. Definitely not a desert island pick.
So, back to the original question, I guess I would settle for taking my Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks, but would it be the Pink Raspberry or the Pink Truffle? Too much pressure...you decide. E tu two???

xox,
Dd

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi

    I am enjoying reading your blog. I think you are a great writer,very entertaining and I love your beauty tips.

    TaffyP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Taffy! I am having a lot of fun with it. Us girls have to stick together!

    xox,
    Dd

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...