The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Review: Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder

Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder (L) and Loose Powder (R)
$34

"See the pretty girl in the mirror there...who can that attractive girl be"???...
Maria, West Side Story
DivaDebbi, stunned Nars Reflecting Pressed Powder  user

On Friday, I blogged about Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, my new 'HG' concealer that covered any hint of darkness under my eyes while whisking 5 years off my face.

While I was at Sephora, I asked for a clean brush to try Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder.  I find loose powders to be too messy for my liking, so even though it looked luxuriously finely milled, I opted for the (very) hard pressed powder instead.  Besides, wouldn't it be nice to be able to travel with it in my handbag?
I didn't pay much attention to the look of it in Sephora, but my skin instantly felt refreshed. Many hours later, when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I couldn't believe how flawless both my skin and makeup looked.

I was excited to use my new concealer this morning, but suspected that I grabbed the wrong shade by mistake..."ginger" just sounded darker than something I would have selected, though the color wasn't obviously deep hued.

I decided to leave it in pristine, unused condition and headed back today to see if I had indeed chosen the wrong shade. (I did. I am apparently a perfect "biscuit".)
While I was there, I had to give Nars Reflecting Pressed Powder another whirl.

It is so hard pressed, there is NO VISIBLE product on the brush.  That doesn't mean, however, that it will not be present on your skin...even if you can't see it there either.

What you will see is visibly blurred imperfections and flawlessly radiant skin. WOWZA!

You do know I love to read reviews, particularly when I am at the extreme end of loving and hating a product.  Makeupalley, an online website strictly devoted to members experiences, gave it a spectacular rave of 4.5 out of 5 Lipsticks.  That, is a rarity, particularly for a prestige brand that some consider very expensive, often a detriment in ratings.

Sephora had many 5 star reviews, but some complained that zero product is on the brush or the skin...I disagree.  I do agree that that the flimsy, thin, sponge square applicator is nothing to write home about, but I loved Nars sleek packaging, and the smart, fold over final pouch will keep it pristine in my handbag. (Some exchanged their pressed powder for the loose version and were then thrilled with the results.)

For those of you who like the "dets", here they are:

What it is:
A weightless, translucent powder for all skintones that creates a soft matte finish that looks luminous in any light. 

What it does:
This setting powder enhances the look of foundation without a trace of color, extending makeup wear thanks to the NARS exclusive Light Reflecting Complex™, which optimizes light-reflection on the skin. Its silky powder is infused with Photochromic Technology, which diffuses light and adjusts to new sources of light throughout the day. Soft, silky and luxurious to the touch and undetectable on the skin, this weightless formula applies evenly and blends effortlessly. One of the best parts? Fine lines, wrinkles, and pores optically fade as skin is visibly smoothed. Additionally, revolutionary microfine mineral powders are loaded with glycerin and antioxidant vitamin E to help guard against dryness and keep skin comfortable all day. Ideal for touch-ups, it helps regulate shine throughout the day and seamlessly sets foundation. This product is paraben- and fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens 

What else you need to know:
NARS Light Reflecting Complex utilizes a blend of pure ingredients that work in synergy to transform light like a prism. Light-active micro-prisms are combined with algae extract and Polynesian seawater to optimize light reflection on the skin.

Research results:
In final clinical test results:
- 84% agree that the product was non-drying
- 72% agree that the product blurred enlarged pores
- 72% agree that the product blurred fine lines and wrinkles
- 94% agree the product smoothes out skin’s appearance
- 91% agree that the product absorbs excess oil
- 81% agree that the product sets the foundation
- 75% agree that the product helps the foundation and other makeup to stay put all day

Nars, it seems is on a roll, with me anyway.  Both Radiant Creamy Concealer and Light Reflecting Powder are my new on my Holy Grail list.  What could possible be next???

Dressed to Kill Satin Lipstick. A new formula and a spectacularly pretty, luminous rose. Why not make it a trio?

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...