The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review: Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner

Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner
$22



My friend Nancy was recently visiting from London.  I promised her we could go to Sephora together so she could purchase some of my DivaDebbi Holy Grail Products...turns out Nancy had a couple of things to share with me too.

She had recently purchased a new Smashbox item, their Waterproof Shadow Liner in "Shimmering Ivy"and loved it.  She insisted I try it. Naturally I needed very little prodding.  



I haven't had much luck with thicker liners, they appear heavy and harsh on me.   I also haven't had much luck figuring out how makeup artists use shadow to create the perfect smoky "cats eye".  I have even studied You Tube videos to know avail.

Imagine my delight at trying Smashbox Waterproof Shadow Liner and finding with just a few strokes of the liner, I could use the "smudger" to create   exactly the look I desired...in about 10 seconds. It is neither a liner nor a shadow, but a true hybrid of both.  Of course I purchased it.

Shimmering Fig is a gorgeous, shimmering, greeney grey. It's creamy, but budge proof and lasts the entire day. It's genius!  It comes in 6 shimmering shades and I am already coveting the beautiful shimmering navy above.

I always like to read what customers have to say about products.  I find it amazing that so many women take the time to write them, but I'm glad they do.  I checked both Sephora and Smashbox's website and the reviews, not surprisingly, on both sites were raves.

Here is how it is described on Sephora's website:

What it is:
A stay-put waterproof eye shadow and long-wearing liner in one.

What it does:
Give eyes soft definition wherever, whenever with this travel-friendly, mistake-proof shadow liner. The creamy waterproof formula glides on effortlessly for endless possibilities.

What else you need to know:
Smudge as a liner or blend as a shadow with included smudger for allover, longwearing color. Light-reflecting pearls give high-drama color and shimmer, while emollients create a silky, creamy texture.


It's a winner... Thanks Nanc!

xox,
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...