The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner

Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES Liner
$19
Well, that's a mouthful...

A couple of months ago, I had the epiphany that black liner was simply looking too harsh on me.

I found a great alternative with L'Oreals Infallible Lacquer Liner in Slate. It's a fabulous product but it does require applying it with a brush and sometimes I'm just a 'lil lazy.

I was hoping to find a pencil in a similar shade, that would not tug going on, and stay put all day--A tall order, I know.

I've had such good luck with my Tarte purchases lately that they were my first stop at Sephora.  I spotted their Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liners which is available in 10 gorgeous, slightly shimmering shades.  They do have their own "slate" and I also thought moonstone brown might be a nice alternative.
I removed my liner and tried them both.  The texture is absolutely amazing and glided on like a dream.  It also blends beautifully.  I asked 3 associates which eye they preferred and slate won, hands down.

Done.

This morning I used it for the first time on completely makeup free eyes and was again impressed with how perfectly and quickly I lined by eyes perfectly.  I was running late today and skipped my mascara application until I got to the office.

Generally, this is a great test to see how well my liner is going to hold up. I have ended up with raccoon eyes or unlined eyes on many occasions.  Two hours later my Tarte SmolderEYES  Waterproof Liner was intact, no smudges and no disappearing act.

I knew right then and there, that after finishing my eyes with mascara, I would be able to count on SmolderEyes lasting for the rest of the day, and in fact, it did.  I checked it when I returned home at about 8:30.  If I was going out, it would definitely need a retouch. The line was not so much one, but a a slight blur of pretty color.  My eyes look soft and enhanced, but If you prefer a lot of definition this may not be the liner for you.  Personally, I'm satisfied with 12 hours of pretty.

Apparently, SmolderEYES is also available in a 'fatter' version.  I'm sticking with the skinny.  The reviews are mostly stellar.  Some users found the pencil too soft and make no mistake it is.   Others claimed smudging, but then I read some from those with oily lids who had no issue at all. Mostly it was a Love Fest.

I'm with the 'Mostly's'...Definitely worth trying.

xox,
DD
P.S.  Tarte is having a 20% off all products Mother's Day Sale through May 2nd. Code word "Mom" at check out.  They also have some amazing gift sets for you  Mom too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...