The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Jergens Natural Glow and Protect SPF 20

$10.49-


I am still down South, so I have yet to experience the inconveniences that my husband, family and friends are experiencing without power.  All things considered, we all know how much we have to be thankful for compared to people who have suffered loss of life and enormous property damage.

Do I hope I'm going home to my blow dryer anyway?  You know I do...
,
Before I left town, I saw Jergens Natural Glow & Protect SPF 20 which contains Broad UVA and UVB sunscreen as well as self tanning ingredients at CVS.  I paused and contemplated...normally self tanners are quick to warn that they contain no sunscreen and are not intended for use in the sun.  On the flip side, why would I want to clog up my skin after a shower with sunscreen?  And ultimately, if I did use this outside in place of real sunscreen, would it truly provide me with protection, particularly from the Florida sun?


So here's the scoop...It's kind of brilliant--The protection is the real deal.  I have had not a trace of sunburn or redness (I do however use Dr. Murad's hybrid genius, Murad Waterproof Sun Block 30, which combines treatment and protection, on my face, neck, chest and hands.)  And the added bonus???  It truly does provide a glowing hint of color, so in no time, between man and nature, I looked sun kissed.

Will I continue to use it (in the dark) when I get home?  Probably.  I wouldn't risk the sunscreens power diminishing over the next several months until I see the sun again and the self tanner will help prolong the effects of some much needed R and R.

All in all?  A winner.

xox,
DD


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...