The Clock Stops Here...

Monday, May 21, 2012

Glow Getters: 3) Skin Effects 5 Minute Facial Peel


Skin Effects 5 Minute Facial Peel
$24.99

One of my all time favorite cleansers, is made by Skin Effects.  It was created by Yale trained Dr. Jeffery Dover.  Infused with glycolic acid, this smooth, gel like cleanser will remove every trace of makeup, without making your skin feel dry or stripped.  For 12.99, I consider it a beauty bargain.

I have also read fabulous reviews of his 2 step Glycolic Pads, with 8% Glycolic acid.  That is a hefty strength for the gentle price of $24.99, yet the efficacy, is equal to results delivered by premium glycolic pads that cost over three times as much.  I look forward to trying them for myself and reporting back...

I received Skin Effects 5 Minute Facial Kit to try and as a serum fan, was especially looking forward to using the Radiance Serum.  Here is how it is described: 
The Skin Effects 5 Minute Facial Kit delivers a breakthrough, at-home treatment. In two easy steps:

Step 1: Skin Treatment refreshes skin, delivering a more vibrant, even-toned complexion.

Step 2: Radiance Serum helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging.

Skin Effects: A Complete Anti-Aging Regimen. For optimal results, use this product as a complete regimen with the Skin Effects cleansers, scrubs, treatments, creams and moisturizers with SPF protection. This product is not tested on animals.

The Skin Treatment was a bit confusing to me.  The texture is somewhat thin, and the directions are to essentially rub it off after five minutes.   I was expecting the texture to change in some way to make that an easier task, but it didn't.  I kind of felt like I was rubbing my skin off.  I followed up with a long cool rinse and finished with the Radiance Serum.

I couldn't really differentiate if the "glow" was coming from the product, or my mini- microdermabrasion.   The serum tingled, but to me that is an asset.


I have not chosen to use the Skin Treatment again, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the Radiance Serum.  I find it really does make my skin look luminous, particularly now that I am regularly using a Clarisonic Mia.


I'm not adverse to tweaking directions.  I will use the Skin Treatment again, and try washing it off with the help off a warm, wet washcloth instead.  If that doesn't do the trick, I would still consider purchasing it, just for the Radiance Serum.  


I will keep you posted...


xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...