The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Review: Anastasia of Beverly Hills Illumin8 Eye Shadow

Anastasia of Anastasia Beverly Hills

Props must be paid to the smart marketers at Sephora.  As a VIB Beauty Insider, (believe me, it adds up quickly), there are some nice perks.  I never would have considered trying eye shadow's from Anastasia Beverly Hills simply because I associate it her with her well regarded line devoted to brow care and grooming.

She is the Mistress of Brows:Anastasia Soare is widely referred to as The Definitive Brow and Eye Expert and the Beauty Innovator for good reason.. Developing her own unique method of shaping the eyebrows and enhancing the eye area, Anastasia has cultivated an extensive following in her Beverly HIlls and Brentwood salons, including an impressive roster of celebrity clientele that includes: Oprah Winfrey, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Naomi Campbell, Jada Pinkett Smith, Penelope Cruz, Sharon Stone, and others.

Included in my 500 point package was a strip of pretty shadows, all in my preferred palette from Anastasia of Beverly Hills.   I often toss samples, but I was drawn to that lovely, glowing, cameo shade one the left. I also gravitate towards bronze shades and I thought the pop of sapphire would be pretty in my outer crease.  It was.
Anastastia Illumin8 with "Youthful Synergy" $30

I was delighted how smoothly they applied and how large and bright my lid looked.  I found the color stayed on, untouched, the entire day. Impressed, I went online and did a little research.  Lo and behold, they are not just pretty eye shadows, but shadows that are infused with treatment.

As I stated recently, combining product and treatment intuitively makes sense to me.  If we are slathering, why not slather with purpose?  Here's what I found out:
ILLUMIN8 Eye Shadow Duos are unique clinically and consumer-tested shadows designed to illuminate, firm, and smooth the appearance of skin while also soothing, softening and hydrating. It’s makeup that works like skincare! Formulated with Anastasia’s exclusive Youthful Synergy™ Complex and Balkan Botanical® Infusion.
CLINICAL RESULTS
Clinical result at 1 HOUR:
29% increase in skin hydration
Clinical results after 4 WEEKS eye area appears:
Firmer, Smoother, Lighter, and Less Puffy
Consumer results after 4 WEEKS on eyelids:
70% appear firmer
83% appear smoother
Results may vary (I will gladly take any improvement over none)
Long-wearing,Hypoallergenic, Ophthalmologist-Tested, Paraben-Free, Fagrance-Free,Can be worn wet or dry, Dermatologist-Tested
Did I go back and purchase my very own kit, despite having a draw full of shadows?  Yup.
I'm worth it...and so are you.
xox,
DD






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...