The Clock Stops Here...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fake Bake


The longer I am back from vacation, the darker my tan becomes...it's an odd phenomenon, one that has its roots in self-tanner, deep bronzers and denial.

Naturally, everything in my current makeup repertoire was too light, so I went cruising for a cheap and cheerful fix at CVS. I happened upon Revlon's Spa Illuminator and was immediately drawn to the golden glow emanating from the Bronze Light the darkest shade offered. Who wouldn't want to look like Halle Berry??? SPF 18, oil-free, $12.99 and sheer...no downside, whatsoever.

I like the applicator, (just make sure to click it to the "off" position, when you are done). The product squeezes onto a (washable) foundation brush, that can be used to sweep the product all over your face, or as a highlighter. The "micronized crystals" do impart a subtle amount of luminosity, which is good, since I am all about "the glow", as you know. The texture feels exactly like tinted moisturizer. I am using it in place of foundation and finishing it with a dusting of Christoper Drummond Bronzing Powder in Sun and a pop of Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Pale Pink on the apples of my cheeks.

Is Revlon's Spa Illuminator up there, with the new Big Kahuna, Nars Orgasm Illuminator??? I honestly don't know yet, because I haven't tried it, but of course I will keep you posted...after my next vacation.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...