The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Take Off

I just received new TotalBeauty Bits about makeup remover "towelettes". I was hooked for a very long time on Olay's Total Effects towelettes, but like most beauty items, no matter how deep my devotion, I have strayed... Good for them! They made the readers top 10 list.

I think I just realized that I am equally obsessed with taking off my makeup, as I am putting it on. Yes, I do like to start with a towelette. At the moment, I am happily getting the ball (of wax) rolling, with CVS's cleansing and makeup remover towelettes. The package reminds us to "compare to Pond's Clean Sweep"...no need. I will take their word for it and save a few nickels in the interim.

Having finally reached the bottom of my Burt's Bees Radiance Cleanser, I was seduced by a sample of Dr. Jeffrey Dover's Skin Effects Glycolic Cream Cleanser. Anything that drops the "G" word has my rapt attention. Residual mascara is whisked away with Lumene's Sensitive Touch Eye Makeup Remover on a triple size cotton ball. As back up, I do a face sweep with L'Oreal's HYDRAFRESH Toner. Every other night, while brushing my teeth, I do a one minute application of Peter Thomas Roth's Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. Rinse-rinse.

All that Dahlings before I haven't even gotten to the serums, spot remover, eye cream and night cream. Geez! This is insane...get a life Diva!!!

My Mother Joan, a Dove and Nivea Gal, will be shaking her head as she reads this, wondering for the millionth time, if I was switched at birth. I'm pretty sure I'm all yours Mom. I think you should read the Beauty Bits, this "towelette" thing, suits you perfectly...start to finish.

xox,
DD

TotalBeauty.com
Readers' Top-Rated Face Wipes

See which facial cleansing towelettes topped our list


Readers' Top-Rated Face Wipes

This is a TotalBeauty.com best and worst skin care products article

Nothing quite takes the place of washing your face with cleanser and water, but the next best thing is a face wipe, no? TotalBeauty.com readers share which towelettes are their BFFs for removing grime post-workout, after a late night of partying, etc.

See products

No. 9: Almay Makeup Remover Towelettes, $1.45

TotalBeauty.com average reader rating: 8.2


"I am in musicals and wear a lot of makeup, so I need a good remover pad …"

No. 8: Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes, $5.99

TotalBeauty.com average reader rating: 8.4


"These remove all my makeup/gunk and …"

No. 7: Dove Daily Hydrating Cleansing Cloths, $5.69

TotalBeauty.com average reader rating: 8.4


"They cleanse my skin with a gentle scrub and leave it …"

Want to see what other products made the list? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...