The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: Lancome ARTLINER

Lancome's ARTLINER
$30,50


I am now 6 weeks into my partnership in Mary Jane Denzer, a women's luxury specialty store in White Plains, N.Y.  What is my burning beauty question for my partner???

How, oh, how, despite rainy days in NY in the market buying and long busy days selling to our lovely clients, is her eyeliner always in place, without runs or skips???
Anastasia Cucinella


Anastasia, it turns out, is a Lancome ARTLINER devotee.  If it looks this good and she swears by it, I'm in.  It's a good thing I didn't ask her how much it costs, because that definitely would have given me pause before pulling the purchase trigger at the Lancome counter.

She wears black and it looks divine on her, but I opted for the Smoke, which I think looks softer on me and also has a hint of metallic.  I was skeptical about my own ability to apply it, since I've never been adept at liquid liner. There is a difference in both the brush applicator and the formula of ARTLINER; rather than a brush,  has a flexible foam tip, which puts all the control in your hands. Nice!  The formula also feels, somehow, "dryer" hence less glop and again, more control. Tip: Shape vigorously!  You'll hear those little balls rolling around like the sound of spray paint.

Here are the details:

What it is:
An easy-to-apply, liquid eyeliner with a foam tip that's both long-lasting and highly-pigmented. 

What it does:
A makeup artist favorite, this eyeliner features a unique pairing of two film-forming polymers that work together to make every look last and last. Rich, deep, luminous color pigments offer the most intense color, and its uniquely shaped foam tip pen allows for precise shaping and defining of the eyes. 

What else you need to know:
Artliner’s unique applicator and easy glide allows you to manage liquid liner and create different looks for your eyes without smudging or skipping.

I'm hoping beyond hope, that my ARTLINER lasts for awhile, because I'm not all that happy about spending over $30 on an eyeliner. On the other hand, I've not found anything better, ever and the first day I used it, I got several compliments on my eye's/eye makeup.

So, thank you Dear Anastasia, thank you, I think, and if any of you Lovelies have a dupe suggestion, I'm all eyes and ears...

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...