Those of you are regular DivaDebbi readers, know I live for Red Carpet events, specifically the Golden Globes, Emmy's and of course, the big kahuna, the Academy Awards. As a Personal Shopper, I love to see magnificent gowns, jewels and beautifully styled hair and makeup. I also relish the missteps...who doesn't??? One of my biggest pet peeves is men on the Red Carpet. Why can't they just take their seats like gentlemen and get out of the way??? Do I care if you are in Dolce, Armani, Tom Ford or your Bar Mitzvah suit??? No...and admit it, neither do you.
Let's start with my LOVE's. I haven't the vaguest clue or Jayma Mays is, but I was knocked out by the elegant, modern simplicity of this black Alberta Feretti gown. The Golden Globes are supposed to be a somewhat low key event. Overblown looked wrong to me. Despite being a spectacular gown, beachy hair did not tone down Olivia Wilde's strapless, shimmering Marchesa enough to suit the occasion, particularly since she wasn't even a nominee. Kudos to:
- Anne Hathaway and (a too skinny) Megan Fox in two beaded Armani Prive beauties
- Adorable newcomer Hailee Steinfeld in an ivory Prabral Garung stunner
- Mila Kunas (in the best of the forest green numbers) by Vera Wang
- Dianna Agron in blush and the ravishing Kelly McDonald in grey chiffon, both J. Mendel
- Julia Stiles in a black one shouldered Romona Keveza
- Amy Adams in a navy one shouldered Marchesa
- Lea Michele in a pink one shouldered Oscar de la Renta. A whole LOTTA DRESS
- Piper Parabo in a black Oscar that was simple but lovely
- Emma Stone in a whistle clean pink Calvin Klein gown with a deeply cut out back
- Annette Benning, still in her costume, channeling Director Lisa Cholodenko
- Helena Bonham Carter, channeling Sharon Osbourne on 'shrooms in Vivienne Westwood
- January Jones in a red Chinese lampshade by Versace Atlelier
- Christina Hendricks aflame in a red Romona Kevesa gown with an overblown corsage
- Tina Fey, with modified corn rows in L'Wren Scott
- Halle Berry in a black bondage bathing suit
- Julianne Moore looking frumpy in a fuscia Lanvin that was missing a sleeve
- Sandra Bullock. Bad hair. Bad bangs. Bad dress
- Michelle Williams in a daisy Valentino gown. Why was it made? Why was it worn?
- Tilda Swinton looking like the Ninth Maid 'a Milking, in a Jill Sander blouse and skirt
- Heidi Klum off the plane from St. Barts in a multi colored, beachy, too casual Marc Jacobs
- Christina Aguilera in Zuhair Murad. Tuh tuh tuh tacky.
- J. Lo in her Communion dress (another bomb from Zuhair Murad)
- Note to all the Do-Overs: I am available for consultations after you fire your stylist.