The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, April 4, 2009

10 and Under


For the first time, in my adult life, I am really thinking, about everything I purchase. Now more than ever, I am looking for value. What I have learned along the way is, that it is entirely possible, to find great beauty products, for under $10.00..

I am certainly no worse for wear, so check out my CVS faves and please, email me with yours as well!

1) $9.99- Essence of Beauty Pure Powder Brush. Made from "authentic hair and fibers". I am not sure I want to know whose hair, but I have found to my delight, that Essence of Beauty Brushes do not shed, the way others have, at 4x the price.

2) $8.49- CVS Nighttime Whitening Gel. Now that I have finished using my CVS Whitening Strips, (significantly whitening my teeth, without the needle through the cornea, sensitivity that I have experienced with professional strength gels), I will be using this, easy to apply product, before bed, for maintenance.

3) $7.99- Dove Cream Oil Intensive Body Lotion. I love this fast absorbing, deeply hydrating lotion. I have also started spiking it with long pulls of Neutrogena Sesame Oil. This one is a keeper, indefinitely.

4) $7.99- Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lipcolor. This lip enhancing product glides on like an expensive balm. There is a 10 second zing delay, (pepper spray)?, that some might find alarming. Love the soft, natural palette. I still can't figure out how both me and my blond haired, blue eyed friend Ilissa, can both look good in Petal Attraction...it defies all logic. Iliss, let me know how you make out with Tantalizing Toffee.

5) $7.49- TreSemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray. I received and used up, a sample of this, from the TreSemme booth at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. It is my first, ever, TreSemme purchase. Lightweight, frizz fighting, touchable and long lasting...Need I say more?

6) $6.49- Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow. I already own it in "Sterling Rose" and just bought it in, "In the Buff", a gorgeous quartet of nude browns. Frankly, I like this eyeshadow as much as anything I have tried and I have tried them all, ("just say NO", to the nasty sponge applicators).

7) $5.99- Olay Daily Facials. I don't care for messy, oily makeup removers that require me to frisk my bathroom, in search of a hand towel. I much favor, these packable, dry cloths, that handily remove all traces of make up. I will use these for life.

8) $4.49- Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar. Sometimes, I just want to wash my face, with old fashioned soap and water, so I like having this available. Something about the scent, soothingly, reminds me of my childhood. This should be a household staple...milk, bread, coffee, Cetaphil.

9) $3.79- Milani Nail Polish. Though I thoroughly lack mani/pedi fine motor skills, Milani Nail Polishes, come in similar shades to my Essie favorites, making chips and dings, a thing of the past.

10) $1.99- N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine. I am struggling to perfect a nude/bronze lip, ala Kara Dioguardi and Eva Langoria Parker. My failed attempts have left me looking like an anemic alien, so starting out on the cheap, with 553U Au Naturel, was a painless investment. To my amazement, it is rivaling my Nars, in texture and wear ability.

Will I be shopping this way forever, I honestly can't say...In the meanwhile, I will keep you posted on how successful I am at translating this new reality to fashion---I plan on visiting the new Topshop store in Soho, next week...Stay tuned.

xox,
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...