The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, February 8, 2009

In the Nick of Time


There must be, a handful of beauty advantages to getting older, (do chime in, girls). Right now, the only one that distinctly comes to mind, is the need to shave, wax, thread, bleach or use depilatories, decreases, significantly, as time marches on.

In my twenties and thirties, I sprouted dark, coarse hair overnight and in between shaving swipes, wondered if I was somehow, part Terrier. Though my allegiance to a heavily muscled, waxer named Margie, was so long established it required Birthday and Christmas remembrances, when it came to razors, I have always been cheap. My daily encounters with Bic disposables, looked straight out of the shower scene in Psycho. Nicked and maimed, I would sport tufts of toilet paper all over my legs, until the bleeding subsided. Reluctantly, I upgraded to Daisy disposables, better by just a hair, but, at least, they were prettier. I have no explanation for my penury, when it comes to shavers, since in the pursuit of Beauty, I have no problema spending mucho dinero...Beats me, my Bic tic.

I am always delighted to receive, "Sneak Peeks", from TotalBeauty. Some products have not been rolled out yet, some are just hitting the shelves and others, like the Gillette Venus Embrace Razor, has been somebodies, shower staple, for at least 6 months. I couldn't wait to try it...

It is packaged in a pod, that houses a change of blade, and can be affixed to your shower wall with tiny suction cups. Inexplicably, the directions are printed in both English and French. Right off the bat, I noticed that it was both light weight and easy to hold. The Embrace has 5 blades, and a, "protective ribbon of moisture", to ensure a smooth glide. It truly hugs every curve, I clocked in at 30 seconds per leg. Remarkable!!! Since there isn't much to take off these days, I wasn't even sure it had removed anything, so I dutiful did a test run on my forearm--Yup...sleek as a Chiwawa. Se magnifique!!!

So, when it's time to replace the blades on my own dime, will I do it??? You bet. It was definitely the closest, smoothest, shave I ever had and in the long run, I will end up saving a bundle on Band-Aids.

xox,
Dd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...