The Clock Stops Here...

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express Mascara

Maybellines' Rocket Volume Express
$8.99 Drugstores

My ears perked up when I heard a recent commercial for Maybelline's Rocket Volume Express promising 8x the volume. 8x.  Really???

Longtime DivaDebbi readers know I am always on the hunt for a cheap and cheerful mascara to usurp my usual standby, Benefit's They're Real (which yes, I have returned to yet again.) It's expensive, $24 and is a wee difficult to remove, but ohhhh those lashes!!!

Like Benefit's They're Real, the applicator on Rocket Volume Express has a rigid core with "micro" bristles instead of a brush, so I was hoping it might deliver similar results.

Alas, it was not to be... My lashes looked thin, spidery, and well, anemic. Boooooo!!! The ad on their website has a notation that says, "lash inserts" were used for the photo.  Is that code for false lashes???

The reviews on  Maybelline's website for Rocket Volume Express, almost unanimously echo my sentiment.  Oh well.

You've been warned  apprised...

xox,
DD

2 comments:

  1. I've read so many mixed reviews on this. I'll have to try it out for myself.

    xoxo Chris
    http://myfashiontrendencies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, spider lashes are not the way to go!

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...