The Clock Stops Here...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

DivaDebbi's Best of Beauty - 2012



There were a number of products that I tried this year that I thought were outstanding, a couple being the very best of their category that I have ever tried.

I will share them with you with links to all.  None of them were sent to me to sample, just my own finds, on my own dime...

In no particular order:
 1) Amazing Concealer  ($42, smaller version $28).  Hands down, the best concealer I have ever tried, and I have tried dozens over the years from prestige to mass brands.  I discovered it Sephora several months ago, and I never looked back. Love the texture. Love the coverage. No matter how tired I am, I always look rested.  At some point, I will try their foundation.

Spectacular...

2) Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel ($21) Forget powders and waxes, this fabulous tinted gel shapes and defines my brows without ever flaking or fading. My face always looks more finished once I put my brows on.

Perfection...

3) Too Faced Beauty Balm ($32) BB's took the U.S. market by storm this year.  Women can't get enough of these multi-taskers. They prime, nourish, and tint skin, blur imperfections and protect with SPF.  The first one I ever tried was Dr. Jart's.   I found it to be very ashy and with limited shade offerings, incompatible with my skin tone, (rather than let it go to waste, I do protect and improve the tops of my hands with it every day.)

I tried all of the mass brands, because they were the first to hit the shelves. I can't say I loved any of them, but continued to used them until better brands were finally introduced. I saw new BB's from SmashBox, Clinique and Too Faced at Sephora recently and after testing them decided to try Too Faced's. Since I know longer use  bronzing powder, I opted for the the deepest shade, Beach Glow.

I think this might be my Holy Grail BB. Love the texture, love the glow, love the light coverage and it stays put all day. Available in 5 shades.

"The" one...

4) Tarte Lip Surgence Matte Lip Tint ($24) and Natural Cheek Stain ($30)- I am crazy about their matte lip tint, with its slightly peppermint taste.  It lasts for hours.  "Hope" is exactly the same shade as the inside of my lip. Hope plus a touch of lip gloss almost makes my lips looks youthful and lush.   The cheek stain is available in 10 shades, so you are sure to find one that suits your skin tone.  I used to be crazy about Benefit's Posie Tint, but after an hour or two, it would fade away.  Tarte's bestselling, award winning cheek stain brightens my face instantly and it then keeps it staying that way.  There is a ton of product and a little goes a long way.  I can't ever imagine using it up, but when I do, I know I will replace it.

Finder's Keepers...

So there you have it! My faves of 2012. Of course I love them madly now...the real test will be if they make them to my 2013 Hall of Fame.

Stay tuned...

xox,
DD



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...