The Clock Stops Here...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Review: Almay Intense i-color Shimmer Kit

Adele does Vogue

The glorious Adele, graced the cover of this month's Vogue.  Besides her glorious voice, Adele's retro style; hair, makeup and clothes are igniting the imagination of women of all ages.  Want to know how to recreate Adele's signature cat-eye?  Beauty Blogs and YouTube videos abound with tutorials. 

It will be interesting to see in the next year or two, if a slimmed down Adele will emerge.  Image is such an integral part of fame, and the pressure to be svelte is felt by children these days, much less International sensations.  Time will tell.

In the interim, I'm a wee bit taken with that cat-eye myself!  I have said in previous blogs, that the only time I ever get compliments on my eye makeup, is when I am wearing Almay's Intense i-color Shadows.  These shadows are specifically created to enhance each of the four eye colors; blue, green, hazel and brown.


As I was scooting through CVS on Sunday, I spotted a new offering from Almay Intense i-color Shadows; a shimmer version.  #421, Trio for Browns had a retro vibe to it that made me think of Adele.  The "base" color is shimmering nude.  The "crease" shade is a very deep bittersweet chocolate and the "brow bone" highlighter a light shimmering malt.  I can't wait to try it on a clean eye in the morning.

Almay Intense i-color Shimmer Kit ($7.49)


I also decided to purchase Almay's Eyeliner Crayon Contour in Brown. I already use this eyeliner in black everyday.  I love the very fine, self-sharpening point and the fact that it won't crease, flake or fade for a promised 16 hours of wear. 

If I am going to attempt a cat eye by day, I don't have the guts to do it rimmed in black. I will also be taking a pass on the lashes.  I will add pictures on Monday so you can see how well I succeed.


DivaDebbi attempts "Adele" eyes

(Well it's a start.  I think to really be successful, you can't forgo the false lashes and black winged liner).

Have you ever tried the Almay shadows created for your eye color???  They really do have this thing down to a science...I'm already looking forward to my compliments.  I highly recommend you give them a try too.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...