The Clock Stops Here...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Miss and a Hit


I am going through a wee patch of the January doldrums, so I decided to visit my local Sephora. Best of all, I could buy something new without having to take my clothes off.

I don't know how or when it happened, but I do know that I am not shelling out $29.00 for a Lancome Lipstick. Uh uh. Not gonna happen.

Dior??? YSL??? Maybe in a weaker moment, but with just 5 minutes before closing, I set my sights on buying a new lipstick and I wasn't going to spend more than $15.00 bucks. Good luck!!!

Some brands are know for just one thing and I should have known I was in uncharted waters, went I picked up a Bare Ecsentuals Lipstick. Mineral makeup, yes. Lipstick??? I would have to wait till I got home to find out. How bad could it be???

Quite possibly, the worst I have ever tried. This was the least emollient lip anything I've ever experienced. It wouldn't budge right or left, just congealed in the center of my bottom lip. Perhaps they are sediment based.

Sephora, will honor reasonable returns, with a receipt, which I appreciate immensely. Back I went, but this time, I was going to stay within budget and leave with a winner...drum roll---Clinique's High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15.

Light weight, yet densely pigmented, smooth flawless lip coverage, with up to 8 hrs. of wear (translation 2 hours and 2 cups of coffee), and came in under budget at $14.00. Hugely impressive. Did I love it as much today or was it all aisles and mirrors???

Drum roll...Loved it!!! A perfect storm of value and quality and I will be back for more. Just thought I'd share that with you.

xo
DD

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Sometimes its best to stick to what you know. Lucky for me I more of a lipgloss gal.....hmmmm maybe another idea for them to consider?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...