The Clock Stops Here...

Friday, December 4, 2009

De Plane


Nope, not a tale about my recent trauma of having to stay in a seedy motel near an Atlanta airport because of missed connection, (hi to Vicki from Buffalo, my new friend and fellow flea bag survivor)! This is about eyebrow planing.

I recently received an email from one of my P.R. contacts, who had read my Blog about having my brows professionally shaped, in search of my long lost arch. She wanted to know if I might be interested in try the Christi Harris brow kit, that would teach me how, with practice, to do precision brows at home. Of course I would!!!

Christi Harris hails from Texas, where she was once a model and has made a career, out of teaching women how to look their best. Christi believes the one feature on our face that we have the power to change is our brows. She also believes that over tweezing, waxing and threading can result in damaged, sparse eyebrows.

The lynch pin of the Christi Harris Brow Kit, is a device that looks like a cross between a pocket knife and a box cutter. Christi developed this "planing" tool because she believes that it is a more effective shaper and does less damage to the roots. It's also quick and pain free to use. I love this little sucker!!! (Don't think for a second that I haven't successfully de-planed other areas...I will leave where to your imagination).

The kit also come with a brow filler gel, brow shadow, (in a range of three shades) and brow diffusing powder, and appropriate applicators. The diffusing powder is whisked on, as the last step, to soften the look. It does the job nicely, particularly if you start channeling Joan Crawford.

One of the interesting features, is a step by step explanation of how to measure exactly where your brows should start, arch and end. She also does not agree with other "experts", who claim the top of the brow should never be touched, in fact, she thinks its one of the keys to creating a perfect arch..

Am I now a brow expert??? Getting there!!! I am sure my skills will improve over time. The best part? One less beauty professional on my payroll.

One suggestion-- don't try to board a plane with your de-planer. That little sucker could shut down an airport and you might end up having to spend the night in a flea bag motel...Believe me. I'm still recovering.

xox,
DD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...